Bush, Civil Liberties and The Right

one little yet significant difference. Bush does not have the power to further effect out lives at this point in time.

wkmac

Then neither do FDR so next time you belly ache about socilal security and the direct taxation of wages and withholding, think about that!

Then neither do FDR so next time you belly ache about socilal security and the direct taxation of wages and withholding, think about that!
You've never seen me complain about either of those. Maybe it's you doing the belly aching, IDK.

wkmac

don't you see that is the government's goal ? To make the majority of the populace dependent on the government.

Hmmmm! I guess some people think all this stuff happened overnight!

And it ain't just those sorry liberal democrats (although they have/are taking their shots) who've put us where we are. You should consider the Triumph of Conservatism.

tieguy

Banned
Reading your many posts and those of your liberal friends here I would not even know the liberals were in power nor would I know they have violated every libertarian principle you supposedly hold near and dear to your heart.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I really don't like the Oprah show, but I made an exception today to see George W. Bush. I enjoyed the interview and would like to read his book.....right after the 23 books I have waiting for me to get into the reading mood.

I have always liked the looks of Kennebuckport (sp) compound and didn't realize it's over 100 years old. Looks like a beautiful spot. :happy2: