Business Driver Release

PACNW

This is supposed to be starting up soon in our area. Just wondering how it has worked out in other areas. I have heard there will be very little tolerance for drivers who insist on still getting signatures. Thanks for any insight anyone can share ha the pros and/or cons of this.

iruhnman630

More stops do not accept c.i.r. than just those indicated by the cent sign.

You cannot commercial release a shipper release. (Go figure)

Staples, Quill, and many medical packages cannot be released.

It is a little bit quicker, and most customers will appreciate not having to sign. (I have 1 exception, a business who got furious that wr were no longer doing physical signatures. (

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
You will lose a ton of allowance if you’re mainly commercial, and they enforce the heck out of this one as of now

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
They want 95% compliance before your Center is certified. It's nice when you go through the whole process and as you complete the stop it says signature required. Some indication up front would be nice.

Heavy Package

Just wondering how it has worked out in other areas.

I think it's OK. Here's a few things that they DON'T tell you...

1. Affects your time allowance at sig required stops (down) by 19 seconds per stop

2. DIAD does not always have a "cent sign" stating that you need a sig so you will go through the entire process only to have to back out last package, re-scan, and get sig on certain items / customers which is a pain in the a@@

3. Biggest issue - I think it puts more risk (as usual for UPS) on the driver as now if there is an issue, the customer can state that they never signed for it, never there, etc. and now it's our problem as a driver.

60200646_1fa0f5a28a.jpg

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Will the businesses that complain early in the process get it changed to a signature delivery ??

Driver followups are going to be a nightmare.

Tony Q

This is supposed to be starting up soon in our area. Just wondering how it has worked out in other areas. I have heard there will be very little tolerance for drivers who insist on still getting signatures. Thanks for any insight anyone can share ha the pros and/or cons of this.
From what I've heard the difference is minimal. The customers actually prefer it and if you follow all the methods it saves you very little time. From what I understand UPS did a lot of polling and a majority of the customers actually preferred it. FedEx made it quite popular when they rolled it out.

Future

Victory Ride
It is very convenient for the driver ...... it does take “time” away from your planned day..... does add stops 2 your route ..... as usual more then what is realistic

DriverNerd

I think it's OK. Here's a few things that they DON'T tell you...

1. Affects your time allowance at sig required stops (down) by 19 seconds per stop

2. DIAD does not always have a "cent sign" stating that you need a sig so you will go through the entire process only to have to back out last package, re-scan, and get sig on certain items / customers which is a pain in the a@@

3. Biggest issue - I think it puts more risk (as usual for UPS) on the driver as now if there is an issue, the customer can state that they never signed for it, never there, etc. and now it's our problem as a driver.

These comments below are not meant for you, but for the original poster as you know what you're talking about.

1. Yes, screws your numbers. I end up with about 35 CIR per day, my numbers are worse. Sure, I don't care about it, but management doesn't like it. And yes, it does save time doing a CIR most of the time, but of course sometimes you have to find someone or end up with one that you didn't know needed a signature (as described in #2) and you might be walking away or out the door before you realize...now the stop has taken you longer than it would have to just get a signature.

2. Yes, some shipper numbers will not allow for CIR and there is no indication prior to hitting stop complete that tells you this. What a waste of time. And in our center, you're supposed to get 95% CIR, but those as mentioned before that don't have the cent sign but still require a signature show up on our management reports as being CIRable. So even thought I do CIR for every single commercial stop that I can, I'm still below 95%. Management came to us one day to ask us about being under 95%. Told our big boss guy about this issue, he said "Oh", and now they still tell our group of drivers we need to be at 95%, but don't talk to us personally about it.]

3. I don't see this as an issue. Yes, if you're not doing your job as a driver and not actually meeting someone and telling them there is a package, it is the driver's problem. But if you are and the consignee says they never got it, that's UPS' problem, not yours. Yes, they can file more claims, but that just means UPS has to pay more out - it's their delivery choice.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
It’s annoying as hell here...it’s different day to day...some days I can cir a business and some days it will say stop isn’t eligible...and it’s not cause any certain package is signature required. It’s annoying

Brisket

From what I have seen, if you have a pkg that you would normally dr at a resi ( post office) it’s hit or miss if you can c.i.r. it.
It does suck because as posted earlier, you don’t know about it until you are walking out the door or worse yet, already in the elevator and have to go back to that floor.