Business stops?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
On a ups forum? Yes I thought someone might know something. The reason I asked was because I didn't think it was about his specific route. He said first stops of 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 were normally business. Just wanted to double check before I friend'd up his truck.
Yes, I'm sure his instructions were specific to the way he runs his route. You should learn to speak up and ask questions at work...not on the internet.

hyena

Hi! I've been loading package cars for about 1 month so I don't 100% have everything down. My driver told me he is going to be heavy on Monday and asked me to do him a favor. The problem is I was multitasking and did not really catch everything he said.

He wanted his business stops to stay together, residential to be compacted in the middle (and dropped down if need be), and then something about the back being lifted onto the shelves. Does this make sense?

What numbers are the business stops vs residential and are FLOOR 1,2,3,4 all business or residential?

Sorry if this is long, I just wanted to do what he asked. Thank you!
Load the truck the way the pal labels say. If it's real heavy drop it to the floor. You ain't getting paid enough to be the drivers beotch. Who cares what they think

AllOnTheHorses

I used to custom load because I really did care as a preloader.. but here's the problem with it.. if that driver is out and someone else takes that route, they will be screwed.. and blame you to their sup when asked why the day went so slowly.
Then here come the sups the next day, nitpicking your loading after 3.5 hours of I love Lucy.. while you are still trying to finish.
It is up to the driver to go to the office and have them rename something as floor 1 or 4 or what have you. If the driver really cared about it, they would do this. If they only kind of care.. they will lean on the loader to fix their communication problem.
For example.. I used to get a business in the 8000 shelf.. hard to find.. one small pkg like that. But I also had another business that was always Pal'd to the highest 8000.. so it was easy to get to when I backed in to a dock.. great. The answer was I had to get the difficult one moved to F2. It never was my loaders' problem.
Go by the numbers and don't put anything over 40 lbs on a top shelf.. that should be good enough.

AllOnTheHorses

Put a dr bag into a tote... Poor mans porta potty....your own portable toilet... Rollin' tough!!!

DR bag and laid-down handtruck.. DR bag and someone's tires..

edit... at least double bag it before flinging it into a 7-11 dumpster.
I have been tempted to buy a biker-highway-hose. Pee on the run.

Holydriver

Hi! I've been loading package cars for about 1 month so I don't 100% have everything down. My driver told me he is going to be heavy on Monday and asked me to do him a favor. The problem is I was multitasking and did not really catch everything he said.

He wanted his business stops to stay together, residential to be compacted in the middle (and dropped down if need be), and then something about the back being lifted onto the shelves. Does this make sense?

What numbers are the business stops vs residential and are FLOOR 1,2,3,4 all business or residential?

Sorry if this is long, I just wanted to do what he asked. Thank you!
one thing you should definitely do is load 99.9% of your stuff where it belongs, then pile all the irregs in the middle isle, and finally just throw the final .1% of the load into the truck. he will appreciate that you got them on the truck for sure.

El Correcto

god is dead
Hellen Keller loads my car everyday.You should be fine especially if you are talking about putting stuff where it is sectioned to go. I'm pretty sure the idiot they got loading my truck doesn't even step into the package car, just kinda hurls :censored2: into the cluster :censored2: till he gets to leave.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Load according to the PAL label. Keep same stops together. If you drop a stop to the floor, move the whole stop. If you do something unusual, tell the driver. The most important communication is between the driver and the loader. A good loader can make or break your day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Load according to the PAL label. Keep same stops together. If you drop a stop to the floor, move the whole stop. If you do something unusual, tell the driver. The most important communication is between the driver and the loader. A good loader can make or break your day.

My loader was on vacation this past week. While he does not custom load he does know where to put several stops to make my day easier. He also knows that the college has many addresses and loads them all together. The loader who filled in this week did a good job but has a bad habit of dropping stuff to the floor without telling me.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
My loader was on vacation this past week. While he does not custom load he does know where to put several stops to make my day easier. He also knows that the college has many addresses and loads them all together. The loader who filled in this week did a good job but has a bad habit of dropping stuff to the floor without telling me.

I don't mind the loader putting a stop on the floor, so long as he drops all of it, including the smalls.

This time of year I leave the bldg. with a dump off (cart route) bulked up at the rear of the truck. So, I potentially have about 100 misloads if I can't find them quickly and easily. Just one more thing to deal with....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't mind the loader putting a stop on the floor, so long as he drops all of it, including the smalls.

This time of year I leave the bldg. with a dump off (cart route) bulked up at the rear of the truck. So, I potentially have about 100 misloads if I can't find them quickly and easily. Just one more thing to deal with....

Gamestop has been getting hammered for the past two weeks. My regular loader will tell me if he has to drop stuff to the floor. The substitute doesn't. The problem is we are contractually obligated to complete their delivery (and pickup) by noon. I had to go back on Tuesday as I found more on the floor.

S

selfcancelsignal

Gamestop has been getting hammered for the past two weeks. My regular loader will tell me if he has to drop stuff to the floor. The substitute doesn't. The problem is we are contractually obligated to complete their delivery (and pickup) by noon. I had to go back on Tuesday as I found more on the floor.
Such a fun SADR. I have it too, Dave. Love 2-4 cartloads into the back of the store. The only door into the one I deliver to is the front. Not even a rear emergency door. The other day, it was 8 cartloads as I had to use their cart. Mine was still buried in bulk. At least it's RDR now instead of FL1 when I bid this route.

Geo926

Such a fun SADR. I have it too, Dave. Love 2-4 cartloads into the back of the store. The only door into the one I deliver to is the front. Not even a rear emergency door. The other day, it was 8 cartloads as I had to use their cart. Mine was still buried in bulk. At least it's RDR now instead of FL1 when I bid this route.

Ughhh GameStop blows. Funny how none of them ever have a rear door you can use, so you always have lug their crap through their tight aisles. Then it's always fun finding room in the back to dump it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ughhh GameStop blows. Funny how none of them ever have a rear door you can use, so you always have lug their crap through their tight aisles. Then it's always fun finding room in the back to dump it.

Mine is really cool. I get there before they open and if they have a lot they are more than willing to let me bring them in through the back door.

It is a pain trying to weave through their aisles.

They have a morning pickup but I swing back in the afternoon as I normally don't have the room in the morning.

S

selfcancelsignal

Mine is really cool. I get there before they open and if they have a lot they are more than willing to let me bring them in through the back door.

It is a pain trying to weave through their aisles.

They have a morning pickup but I swing back in the afternoon as I normally don't have the room in the morning.
The guys & gals at mine are good to deal with too. The problem with my SADR is it's 3/4 of the way through my business stops & most days I'm pushing noon. The other day, I got the signature & stop completed it at noon on the nuts & still had about half the load to bring in, + probably closed out the pick up after noon. I didn't know the ORPU was part of the SADR commitment too, until you mentioned that earlier, Dave. Definitely didn't make it that day. Twice this past week, my 700 was so bulked out, I had to run my route half backwards & got them out at 10:30ish. It was nice to get them out early, but the amount of left hand turns back tracking was very counter productive.