bust my ass still get yelled at by pt sup

I get around 400 pph. But my sup still yells at me for not going faster.

Yesterday, we had a really huge jam in unload and it hit me really hard and I simply couldn't deal with it. My sup came in and said "you have no idea what's going on do you? Snap out of it. You have no clue do you?". He broke my jams and yelled "GO! Pick it up! You suck today!" I always get upset with him for saying this but I usually just nod in acknowledgement.

Today he did the same thing. I was going at over 400 pph but he came in again telling me I was going too slow. I was really busting my ass. As usual the end of the trailer had egress issues with packages falling off and building up.

So my sup comes in again today while I was trashed and tells me he'll powerload for me. Well he started power loading, while yelling about how the packages wouldn't fit. And he started complaining about my egress and said that it should be completely clean and he started freaking out and screaming really loud and said "THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE, I HAVE NO PLACE TO MOVE BECAUSE OF THIS REALLY MESSY EGRESS". I told him that it's something I have to deal with all the time and that the packages were out of my reach when they fell off.
He said I should have picked them up at the start of the day when the flow was lighter. But I said that the packages didn't fall off the belt at the start of the day, but much later.

At the end of the day he always yells at me to "MOVE" and get the irregs in as quickly as possible. Even though I'm already moving quickly. It just makes me upset because his yelling doesn't actually affect my speed and his rude behaviour is demoralizing. All the other employees hate him and have confronted him. He has personally told me he's trying to get one of them fired. He tries to write them up all the time or report them to the full time. I guess I'm his favorite since I never talk back. But another sup told me he makes fun of me behind my back. I have never confronted him because I don't want him to write me up out of spite

Anyway, I was angry at him but I always try to remain as calm as possible. I asked another sup on how to deal with him and he said "don't worry about him, he's always crying on the radio, he's not from the area so how would he know? next time he gives you trouble tell him "how would you know?". I told him that I couldn't say something like that because it's too rude.

Last edited:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

Yesterday, we had a really huge jam in unload and it hit me really hard and I simply couldn't deal with it. My sup came in and said "you have no idea what's going on do you? Snap out of it. You have no clue do you?". He broke my jams and yelled "GO! Pick it up! You suck today!" I always get upset with him for saying this but I usually just nod in acknowledgement.

Today he did the same thing. I was going at over 400 pph but he came in again telling me I was going too slow. I was really busting my ass. As usual the end of the trailer had egress issues with packages falling off and building up.

So my sup comes in again today while I was trashed and tells me he'll powerload for me. Well he started power loading, while yelling about how the packages wouldn't fit. And he started complaining about my egress and said that it should be completely clean and he started freaking out and screaming really loud and said "THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE, I HAVE NO PLACE TO MOVE BECAUSE OF THIS REALLY MESSY EGRESS". I told him that it's something I have to deal with all the time and that the packages were out of my reach when they fell off.
He said I should have picked them up at the start of the day when the flow was lighter. But I said that the packages didn't fall off the belt at the start of the day, but much later.

I was angry at him but I always try to remain as calm as possible. I asked another sup on how to deal with him and he said "don't worry about him, he's always crying on the radio, he's not from the area so how would he know? next time he gives you trouble tell him "how would you know?". I told him that I couldn't say something like that because it's too rude.

@Brownslave688 can help you on this issue when he wakes up....hang on.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

At the end of the day he always yells at me to "MOVE" and get the irregs in as quickly as possible. Even though I'm already moving quickly. It just makes me upset because his yelling doesn't actually affect my speed and his rude behaviour is demoralizing. All the other employees hate him and have confronted him. He has personally told me he's trying to get one of them fired. He tries to write them up all the time or report them to the full time. I guess I'm his favorite since I never talk back. But another sup told me he makes fun of me behind my back. I have never confronted him because I don't want him to write me up out of spite

Anyway, I was angry at him but I always try to remain as calm as possible. I asked another sup on how to deal with him and he said "don't worry about him, he's always crying on the radio, he's not from the area so how would he know? next time he gives you trouble tell him "how would you know?". I told him that I couldn't say something like that because it's too rude.
File a grievance.

Management can not harass you like that.

File.

Avada

You're too nice for your own good. Sups are suppose to be your bitch, not the other way around. I always have my sup break my jams, clean my egress and bring me my load stand. 400 is more than fair. Once ppl hit union they usually go at 200-300 so he's lucky to get that from you. Just work safe and pretend he doesn't exist.

Indecisi0n

You don't have to sit there and take that on a daily basis. I have relatively thick skin and would allow this maybe once and pawn it off as the sup having a day bad. Anything more than a day I would inform him that if he keeps up that type of tone/harassment then I will filing on him. Then the ball is in his court from there. At least you warned him.

peanutbuttermm

Dude. Stop caring. The more you care the harder this job is. I used to be just like you. Stressing every single day over whether my slide was clean. Now I am relaxed and the supervisors don't expect :censored2: from me and honestly are cooler to me than they are to the hard workers

km3

Talk to your steward. But for the time being, work safe. Don't worry about your speed. If he wants to pop a vein over it, let him. Your job is to load the trailers. You don't get paid to worry about the condition of the belt. That burden belongs to the pickoffs and supervisors. Besides, if 400pph, which is way above average in my building, isn't enough to hold that trailer down, there should be another loader in there anyway.

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
Yeah you're too nice, respect goes both ways. Don't be nice to people that are being disrespectful to you, ignore, be a sarcastic bastard, or in his case you could just file on him.

upschuck

He is riding you hard, because he knows you'll take it. There are several grievances that could be filed on him, if he does it again file them all.

images.png

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
As usual the end of the trailer had egress issues with packages falling off and building up.
Easy, "I have an egress issue and I feel unsafe continuing this pace until the trailer is cleaned up and I have a safe path of exit should there be a need to evacuate." If he keeps going, you have an easy harassment grievance.

God I hate sups who think riding people like this is acceptable.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Easy, "I have an egress issue and I feel unsafe continuing this pace until the trailer is cleaned up and I have a safe path of exit should there be a need to evacuate." If he keeps going, you have an easy harassment grievance.

God I hate sups who think riding people like this is acceptable.
You say that now.....wait till you want to "move up the ladder" ......

We get yelled all the time. The pt sups are always walking up and down the isles yelling to go faster and labels up. They even come in to the trailer telling us to hit our 1000 pph after only being in the trailer for five minutes.