But There Was A Fight For My Right To Do This!

Junkyard Willie

Hey folks,
Quick question. I'm at a kicka$$ party right now and it's looking less likely by the hour that I'll be making it in tomorrow.
I only have 2 verbals, a written and served one suspension for attendance issues. Is there a good chance I could be walked out when I return Thursday?
Other than missing copious amounts of work I do a real good job.
Thanks.

LMAO! Forgive the trolling...

Seriously, I just need help resolving a dispute regarding Option Days. Are there two different versions of Option Days (not Personal or Sick Days)? I was under the impression one has to give a week's notice when using one.
Some chucklehead at the smoke-hole this morning wanted to argue that just phoning it in an hour in advance suffices and is perfectly acceptable when using an Option Day.
Management says otherwise and I can't find anything about this in the contract.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Hey folks,
Quick question. I'm at a kicka$$ party right now and it's looking less likely by the hour that I'll be making it in tomorrow.
I only have 2 verbals, a written and served one suspension for attendance issues. Is there a good chance I could be walked out when I return Thursday?
Thanks.

Seriously, I just need help resolving a dispute regarding Option Days. Are there two different versions of Option Days (not Personal or Sick Days)? I was under the impression one has to give a week's notice when using one.
Some chucklehead at the smoke-hole this morning wanted to argue that just phoning it in an hour in advance suffices and is perfectly acceptable when using an Option Day.
It depends on your supplement. Some have language where you have to schedule it X amount of days in advance, and others have language where you can call in at least an hour before start time and use one.

If your management says otherwise then your supplement must be different from your chucklehead friend.

Junkyard Willie

It depends on your supplement. Some have language where you have to schedule it X amount of days in advance, and others have language where you can call in at least an hour before start time and use one.

If your management says otherwise then your supplement must be different from your chucklehead friend.

Thanks.
And that build-a-bear :censored2: jive turkey ain't my friend.

Maplewood

You could always show up, then call the center at 10:30 and tell them you ain't feelin it today and that you are going home sick. Now it's not a sick call, and at least in my area they got a pay you 8 hours since you showed up. The Bonus is your piece of :censored2: supervisor gets to finish the route you brought back.
You're welcome.

Maplewood

Seriously, frequent sick calls are one the 'signs' management is trained to look for in employees who may have drug and or alcohol problems. If you have a rep as a "partier", you might wanna pack some clean piss with you in case they call you out.
'

IESucks

Hey folks,
Thanks.

You can choose to be paid for an option day for anytime you miss. Assuming you didn't choose the week off with pay option. And also assuming you don't get fired.

wilberforce15

Seriously, frequent sick calls are one the 'signs' management is trained to look for in employees who may have drug and or alcohol problems. If you have a rep as a "partier", you might wanna pack some clean piss with you in case they call you out.
'

But if you don't have a problem, saying you do is a good way to get a few months off and keep your job.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
f98b27352944005077853e80e67ec546.jpg