Buy Out for vested employee

How do buy outs work I been with ups for 12 years and I need a transfer but I don't think I'm going to be approved for it so I'm considering the buy out seeing how I'm gonna have to start a new job any way

Well I need to transfer to another state and I'm being told that transfer are almost impossible for part-timers. I don't wanna leave the company but scared I won't have much of a choice

Last edited by a moderator:

oldbrownguy

If you can leave on good terms and get a good "rehire status", you might get rehired. If your union, it gets a bit more complicated dealing with different locals though. Give it shot,you have nothing to lose.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If you are a part timer get an educational transfer
He is not in Kentucky where it is believable that someone needs an educational transfer after 12 years P/T with UPS ... maybe to Alabama where standards are even lower.

Still a good idea ... find a school there that offers a field of study offered there but not your current location.

He is not in Kentucky where it is believable that someone needs an educational transfer after 12 years P/T with UPS ... maybe to Alabama where standards are even lower.

Still a good idea ... find a school there that offers a field of study offered there but not your current location.

What does me be a 12 year employee have to do with me going to school