Buying prior to isp conversion

Distributionguy

I am considering purchasing a FedEx home route that consists of five PSA and 4 supplementals. It meets the 500 stop criteria but I am concerned about purchasing prior to the ISP conversion coming soon. I would hate to purchase and be forced to sell due to ground merger. Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated

It will be fine

I am considering purchasing a FedEx home route that consists of five PSA and 4 supplementals. It meets the 500 stop criteria but I am concerned about purchasing prior to the ISP conversion coming soon. I would hate to purchase and be forced to sell due to ground merger. Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated
You need Ground and Home in your entire geographic area before 2021. Don't buy anything that isn't overlapped already. I'd make the seller work out the swap with his Ground counterpart then discuss a price after seeing the new (lower) revenue generation.

Southwest

You need Ground and Home in your entire geographic area before 2021. Don't buy anything that isn't overlapped already. I'd make the seller work out the swap with his Ground counterpart then discuss a price after seeing the new (lower) revenue generation.
The 2021 deadline is only for current isp contracts. They won't even sit down with you for your first isp negotiation if your not 100% overlapped

bacha29

Southwest and IWBF are 100% correct. In addition you have ask yourself just how long is this rickety transportation system going to hold up. I think that all it's going to take is a couple of nationwide peak season failures in succession for it to cave in on itself. Rest assured X corporate will not put up with irate shippers, bad publicity, angry hedge fund managers, public embarrassment etc for long before they do whatever is necessary to correct the situation and the fact that you have money tied up in the venture will not in any way impact their decision regarding whatever corrective measures they decide to. take. It never has and it never will. Wishing you the best but be sure to mark your trail so you can find your way back out of the woods.