buying things online

DS

Fenderbender
I finally did it.I bought a cd on amazon.ca tonight.I deliver about 20 amazon pkgs a day.
they had John Lennon cd that hmv didn't have and I used my visa card,(Hell, now I might be addicted:)
I am still cell phone free though,,,wife wants an ipod nano:sick:maybe I do too:wink2:my new car has a plug in for it.Ah who am I kidding,they will suck me in eventually.steel and glass.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Amazon is great....I do books on there. Anytime your order is over $25, shipping is free! :happy2:

I do my postage stamps on line and
J.C. Penneys too.....for the extra long jeans that aren't sold in their stores.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
LOL Good for you DS. I just bought 2 things from Amazon. Ordered them on tuesday and got on yesterday and one on thursday. We delivered one of them and the post office delivered the other. One was a Harley Davidson Hydration vest and the other a portable sun shelter. Amazon is not just for books anymore. :happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
you can do much more comparison shopping online.

on the phone side I have an android phone that is awesome. I can even listen to the local police scanner with it when I see police activity in my neighborhood. What a great tool.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

LOL Good for you DS. I just bought 2 things from Amazon. Ordered them on tuesday and got on yesterday and one on thursday. We delivered one of them and the post office delivered the other. One was a Harley Davidson Hydration vest and the other a portable sun shelter. Amazon is not just for books anymore. :happy-very:

Why would your Harley need a drink?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I finally did it.I bought a cd on amazon.ca tonight.I deliver about 20 amazon pkgs a day.
they had John Lennon cd that hmv didn't have and I used my visa card,(Hell, now I might be addicted:)
I am still cell phone free though,,,wife wants an ipod nano:sick:maybe I do too:wink2:my new car has a plug in for it.Ah who am I kidding,they will suck me in eventually.steel and glass.
Looks like you and I are the only ones that are still cellular free, DS, though I am still waiting to see you in your biking spandex.:wink2:

Amazon is great....I do books on there. Anytime your order is over $25, shipping is free! :happy2:

I do my postage stamps on line and
J.C. Penneys too.....for the extra long jeans that aren't sold in their stores.
I forgot.

I buy loads of bicycling/running stuff online and haven't had any problems with my card or the products sent.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
amazon is great till you have to del a lazy boy chair to the 3rd floor of an apartment building with no elevator.
That's the best kind of delivery! Call the center and let them know you need assistance, and WAIT!!! You didn't lug it all the way up those stairs yourself, did you Jim?

jimstud

Banned
There, I fixed it for ya.:wink2:

i wish you were there for the tongue lashing my partner and i took when we informed the little old lady that is was not our job to unbox and put the darn thing together. she was either a teamster or sailor because she swore enough to make 2 grown men blush.

rod

Retired 22 years
That makes 3 of us, do I hear 4?

Does it count if I have one but only use it once or twice a week and don't know how to text message or use 90% of the features the phone has? I could have a prerecorded messege on mine that says "hey" fill in the blank "do you want to go have a beer?"

over9five

Staff member
More still uses this:

oldphone.jpg

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have this phone in my bedroom and the dial is actually push button. When my daughter calls and catches me on that phone, I tell her I can't talk for long because I'm on a leash.
I can't believe we had to stay in one place to talk a few years back.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I have this phone in my bedroom and the dial is actually push button. When my daughter calls and catches me on that phone, I tell her I can't talk for long because I'm on a leash.
I can't believe we had to stay in one place to talk a few years back.
I never even thought about being leashed, though we did go out and buy longer leashes so that we could sit down and not stand by the wall and talk, LOL. Nowadays I hardly get any phone calls, so I could probably live without a land line as well.