buying ur trust

Loyal Teamster

It funny how preloaders trust u if u give them a day old doughnut a water every other week. The feel like they owe you something and don't want to let you down. Hahah
Works better with the new 1's

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

We Love Logistics

Box Ox

Anything nice you can do for a preloader shows you appreciate them and recognize their humanity. Even if it's just conversation. Most drivers don't bother. And that's fine. They shouldn't feel obligated to.

But it makes it easy for the preloader to decide which route he or she is going to put in whatever extra effort they might be able to eke out when the stuff is hitting the fan and time and effort choices have to be made.

It's simple win/win mutual human decency.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
It funny how preloaders trust u if u give them a day old doughnut a water every other week. The feel like they owe you something and don't want to let you down. Hahah

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

We Love Logistics
Thats a real :censored2:y thing to say, then again, that seems to be the norm for you.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I think my loader is a crackhead. Anyone know where to get some good crack?
Call a plumber.
th

jbg77

I personally could care less if the driver communicates, buys a donut or whatever. I have a job to do and I do the best I can no matter who you are. However, if I were your loader and I knew that is how you felt I would definitely personalize it for you. We all start part-time don't forget where you came because your wallet is fatter.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

We Love Logistics

Loyal Teamster

I hav to disagree with you. Most Union workers try to get away with doing as little little possible. U need to bribe them somehow to make them work.
I used to be a hard worker like you, but it was tough with nobody liking u for Not slowing down.
Funny thing is that 2 years later, they still loading truck lol losers

upschuck

I hav to disagree with you. Most Union workers try to get away with doing as little little possible. U need to bribe them somehow to make them work.
I used to be a hard worker like you, but it was tough with nobody liking u for Not slowing down.
We still don't like you.

GenericUsername

You know, I'm a preloader but started out as a seasonal driver. I had the fifteenth highest on the seniority list loading my truck and he couldn't have given a damn. Being exposed to what the PCs look like when people don't give a flying friend* makes me want to give my drivers a good day as it's what I would want. Out of the 3 drivers I have that I load for, there's only one that I get along with. There used to be 2 but he bid off the mall route to something easier since he's high on the seniority list. It doesn't change the fact that we work a fair day's pay for a fair day's work. Take pride in your work regardless if it's scrubbing a toilet or building a skyscraper. One day, when I'm a FT driver, I'll reward my loader for a job well done. It may not be monetarily, but man, a few pleasant words to your loader will go a long way. People get so caught up in the negative - it's ridiculous. Communicate with your loader and your day will get better and they will start doing a better job for you. "Hey, I really liked how you loaded X stop here instead of putting it ____." Simple things like this will make me feel better knowing that I helped you out in some way. It's not rocket science.

Loyal Teamster

You know, I'm a preloader but started out as a seasonal driver. I had the fifteenth highest on the seniority list loading my truck and he couldn't have given a damn. Being exposed to what the PCs look like when people don't give a flying friend* makes me want to give my drivers a good day as it's what I would want. Out of the 3 drivers I have that I load for, there's only one that I get along with. There used to be 2 but he bid off the mall route to something easier since he's high on the seniority list. It doesn't change the fact that we work a fair day's pay for a fair day's work. Take pride in your work regardless if it's scrubbing a toilet or building a skyscraper. One day, when I'm a FT driver, I'll reward my loader for a job well done. It may not be monetarily, but man, a few pleasant words to your loader will go a long way. People get so caught up in the negative - it's ridiculous. Communicate with your loader and your day will get better and they will start doing a better job for you. "Hey, I really liked how you loaded X stop here instead of putting it ____." Simple things like this will make me feel better knowing that I helped you out in some way. It's not rocket science.
Nobody cares about your feelings at work, get the job done, if ur feelings hurt go to church.

Box Ox

Wasn't he a PT unloader when he started posting on his first account?

You smell like a PT sup.

Yep. Either he truly quit in October 2013 and regrets it, or went PT sup because he couldn't cut it in preload or because he found out the San Diego hub he started out at doesn't offer tuition assistance (which he apparently joined for) to union hourlies (CA locations that do) and regrets it.

The thread about wearing a vest to work would also make a lot more sense coming from a PT sup than a preloader.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ahhh... So you went into management, huh? Have fun with that.