C19 pay

NC man

Have not seen or heard anything but wondered if anyone has concerning bonus for working during pandemic. Been with a Fed 32 yrs now so well aware how tight they are with us drivers. Even Wal Mart has paid out one billion overall in bonuses to employees. Not huge sum per person but better than nothing.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Have not seen or heard anything but wondered if anyone has concerning bonus for working during pandemic. Been with a Fed 32 yrs now so well aware how tight they are with us drivers. Even Wal Mart has paid out one billion overall in bonuses to employees. Not huge sum per person but better than nothing.

705D3FA9-C583-4A46-A090-668FF99B2653.jpeg

SmithBarney

32yrs, you're topped out, you got your bonus.. talk to the folks making 1/2 of what you make, buy your coworkers some pizza vouchers

Buhryein

We were told fedex spent over 130million on ppe (and shirts and pins I guess)so hazard pay is not an option. However the CFO got a 575mil cash bonus for handling the covid situation excellently........:halfdead:

falcon back

Whoops 565k. Half a mil I guess that's ok though....
The company beat Wall Street estimates during a difficult time and stock went from 90 to 170 range. I would rather that money be given to me but that is the way it goes. Does he deserve that money, probably not. but does LaBron James deserve 37 million? Probably not.

NC man

32yrs, you're topped out, you got your bonus.. talk to the folks making 1/2 of what you make, buy your coworkers some pizza vouchers
I’m supposed to feel guilty? I started at 15 per hour and did not top out overnight. Everyone should get a bonus ,one yr ,new hire or 30 yrs. etc.

Buhryein

The company beat Wall Street estimates during a difficult time and stock went from 90 to 170 range. I would rather that money be given to me but that is the way it goes. Does he deserve that money, probably not. but does LaBron James deserve 37 million? Probably not.

The guy is retiring end of this year, besides that my point is you can tell your Frontline workers we can't do anything for you because we're losing money because of the pandemic. Then at the same time give a single person a cash bonus like that for a job well done during the same pandemic.

falcon back

The guy is retiring end of this year, besides that my point is you can tell your Frontline workers we can't do anything for you because we're losing money because of the pandemic. Then at the same time give a single person a cash bonus like that for a job well done during the same pandemic.
Can you post the memo saying they can't do anything for us? I haven't seen that.

AB831

We already got our payout. It said "FedEx strong" and told us to wear it with pride. Do you need more? You work for the greatest company in the world. Just be happy.

Buhryein

Can you post the memo saying they can't do anything for us? I haven't seen that.

When asked if we would receive hazard pay we were told by the district manager that higher ups stated that with the spending on ppe, additional flights, and other expenses due to the pandemic Hazard pay was not a possible option. tbh if we get our step increase idc.

You don't need a memo for that go ask.

What they did for us was "PPE which some stations barely got any, we got 4 masks made 3 of them fedex branded (who paid for that) some stations got t-shirts, rubber bracelets, a bunch of covid safety signs, fedex "heros" banners, some trucks even got #fedexstrong decals, and of course #fedexstrong pins.... sounds like more wasted funds to me and a half million dollar bonus to the CFO.... gotta look good ya know.

They said they still have no info on raises, However would I be surprised if they told us due to losses caused by the pandemic they cannot give us a step up. Nope wouldn't surprise me.

falcon back

When asked if we would receive hazard pay we were told by the district manager that higher ups stated that with the spending on ppe, additional flights, and other expenses due to the pandemic Hazard pay was not a possible option. tbh if we get our step increase idc.

You don't need a memo for that go ask.

What they did for us was "PPE which some stations barely got any, we got 4 masks made 3 of them fedex branded (who paid for that) some stations got t-shirts, rubber bracelets, a bunch of covid safety signs, fedex "heros" banners, some trucks even got #fedexstrong decals, and of course #fedexstrong pins.... sounds like more wasted funds to me and a half million dollar bonus to the CFO.... gotta look good ya know.

They said they still have no info on raises, However would I be surprised if they told us due to losses caused by the pandemic they cannot give us a step up. Nope wouldn't surprise me.
Why not worry about the raises when the news comes out? Oct. is a ways off.

falcon back

I will worry about it when the news comes out, however saying you can't give hazard pay but you can give half a million cash bonus is what we were talking about here.
Such is life in the executive level. Go get a MBA and work your way up and it could be you. Just like CHEAP stock options, corporate jet privileges and great seats to sporting events.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?

Give it up man. Ups, fedex, post office and dhl get nothing but late nights and pissed off families. We aint getting :censored2:.

floridays

My Lord, I can smell that @Old Fart stench from hundreds of miles away.
Don't your jaws ever get tired?