CACH Illinois hub Service Failing milions of packages this week!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wrong.

Obviously some weather delays are impossible. But having the excessive sphor and pph etc gives no flexibility to "make up" after these events. If all the routes where dispatched with a realistic 8-9hr day on average it would be alot easier to catch up vs the 10-12hr days we have been getting for the last 4-5 years

Your response, which I agree with, had nothing to do with what I had said.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Uhh more drivers and routes is more infrastructure. You said adding infrastructure would not help?
Infrastructure resources usually refers to fixed, sunk cost assets whose sunk cost cannot be changed.
Variable costs are things such as people or rental cars which can be reduced or increased independent of fixed costs.

Perhaps the word you were searching for was capacity which would be the combination of fixed and variable resources.

brett636

There is a reason TOS has the "troll" designation on their username. I have serious doubts much of what TOS posts is true even to the extent to question whether TOS really works for UPS at all.

bluehdmc

My B driver didnt want to go to jersey for any reason, and he argued with ICC for quite a while until they finally just sent us to cach. It shouldnt have to be this way, but it is the system.

I don't know why the guy didn't want to go to Jersey. NJ isn't too bad, now if you had to go over the George Washington Bridge into the city that's another thing.

I've experience I90/I80 through Chicago and I'd take the Cross Bronx Expressway anyday.

bluehdmc

My guess would be the money.

Bingo!

Money's good, I call it the "sleepless" team, I just did it for about 6wks. Had real trouble sleeping in a bouncing, moving vehicle. I've been told it takes about 6mo to get used to it. I really had no problem trusting my co-drivers though.