Calculating overtime pay

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
So I just started working 6 days a week and I got my first 6 day paycheck to find the paid me over time on Monday when I worked 3 hours instead of Saturday when I worked 6. I thought the 6th day was overtime so I should have gotten paid overtime on the Saturday right?

Thanks in advance

Turdferguson

Just a turd
So I just started working 6 days a week and I got my first 6 day paycheck to find the paid me over time on Monday when I worked 3 hours instead of Saturday when I worked 6. I thought the 6th day was overtime so I should have gotten paid overtime on the Saturday right?

Thanks in advance

What’s your scheduled work week

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Thanks in advance

Tues through sat

Nope. Monday is OT for you. You fell for their trap, staffed the operation on your day off, and got less than you bargained for. Welcome to being employed at UPS.

Blackstream

Tues through sat
Where I work at least, your shift is all overtime if

a) It's outside your normal work week. Which in this case monday is outside your normal work week.
b) It's your 6th shift inside your normal work week. Which means you'd have to take an extra shift inside the tuesday through saturday period.

Working outside your normal work week also doesn't count towards your 6th shift as it's already overtime and you'd be double threating at that point. However, you also don't have to work all the shifts in your work week to get that overtime either. So for me, my scheduled days are mon-fri. I can work sunday, miss the entire work week after that, and still get overtime for my sunday shift.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

Thanks in advance
if your part time you should of got an hour ot on Saturday for working over 5 hours

john chesney

Thanks in advance
If it’s more then what you expected shut up. If it’s less start bitching