Call in help

fethrs

In my building we can take 3 days off and it's considered 1 occurence, but a medical note is needed to go back on the 4th day.
Make sure they get it right the first time so you don't have to worry about it.

iamhuge

Banned
I never give a reason. They chart that stuff. I just say not feeling well today and not coming in. I have hung up if they persist. I do keep them up dated if I am out 3 or more days. I have never given a doctors excuse.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
"Hello, this is so and so. I am booking off today, June 18th Two thousand nine. Thank you for awknowledging this message."

I should write a program that uses the "phone mail system" voice to say the above and be able to leave it on their voicemail.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Yea I hate when they ask you why you're calling in sick. Why cant you just be sick, period.

The best thing to do is show up at work not feeling well, clock in, work and then tell your sup you're not feeling well. I went home Tuesday because I was really feeling like trash. Plus I really slammed my hand into a cage at last rev the day before. It stunk getting slammed on a Monday after a weekend off.

They will work with you because they are afraid of receiving a grievance for working you while sick.

I do believe some sups know what we go threw, they have too. They see it for themselves all the time.

I recall a unload sup coming over to sup a preload shift where I was at. He said he didnt know what was going to happen or whats going on. I told him dont worry, just watch. By the end of the night he was amazed. He told me he couldnt believe we go threw this 5 days a week.

He was rather new and only suped unload for awhile.

Oh yea, happy Friday YEAAA!!!

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

make sure you call in atleast one hour before your shift. Say I'm booking off if they ask you why tell them personal business. Depending on your local rider you might 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 find out. If you want 2 days off than don't book back on for 2 days.

W

westsideworma

"Hello, this is so and so. I am booking off today, June 18th Two thousand nine. Thank you for awknowledging this message."

I should write a program that uses the "phone mail system" voice to say the above and be able to leave it on their voicemail.

there you have it, the perfect way to call in. When I was a loader my union steward instructed me to do precisely that

W

westsideworma

Yea I hate when they ask you why you're calling in sick. Why cant you just be sick, period.

The best thing to do is show up at work not feeling well, clock in, work and then tell your sup you're not feeling well. I went home Tuesday because I was really feeling like trash. Plus I really slammed my hand into a cage at last rev the day before. It stunk getting slammed on a Monday after a weekend off.

They will work with you because they are afraid of receiving a grievance for working you while sick.

I do believe some sups know what we go threw, they have too. They see it for themselves all the time.

I recall a unload sup coming over to sup a preload shift where I was at. He said he didnt know what was going to happen or whats going on. I told him dont worry, just watch. By the end of the night he was amazed. He told me he couldnt believe we go threw this 5 days a week.

He was rather new and only suped unload for awhile.

Oh yea, happy Friday YEAAA!!!

Its funny isn't it? getting extensions for preload is like pulling teeth at our building sometimes. No one likes the preload shift at all lol. I'm used to it so I don't really mind, but it makes me wonder how good the hub sorts are if ours is the bane of UPS part time existence.

Supes from other sorts are amazed at the BS on the preload too, makes me wonder why I never moved to the night sort back a ways haha.

fethrs

Whatever you do, don't show up for work and expect to go home, it doesn't always work and sups are NOT afraid of grievances, espcially one as trite as working sick. Call in both days.

JoeVser

do i need to give details about why i am calling in? i want to make sure that i get 2 nights off for one occurrence.
I'm a new guy here and if you're calling in sick,they have NO RIGHT to ask for details. At Fed Ex I just say, log me out sick today and if questioned,I say it's a little personal,please....

Babagounj

Strength through joy
around here its after 4 days that a medical note is needed.
If you call in during the day shift , you get transferred to which ever sup is around to tell your story.
Had a guy once fax over to the office that he was calling in sick .

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Really? Short of vomiting on their desk, if you show up to work, sick or not, expect to work.

I guess I have a main line sup that is willing to work with me.

Sups with their numbers are often to do as much work with as little help. Sending someone home is saving money or time on the clock.

I recall one time where I was late, sup calls like 4 times within 20 mintues and says theres no one around that can do this for us.

Ha, thats a laugh. They have plentty of people around. In offices, ereg drivers, chargers etc etc. You name it, theres a ton of people around that arnt doing jack.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Its funny isn't it? getting extensions for preload is like pulling teeth at our building sometimes. No one likes the preload shift at all lol. I'm used to it so I don't really mind, but it makes me wonder how good the hub sorts are if ours is the bane of UPS part time existence.

Supes from other sorts are amazed at the BS on the preload too, makes me wonder why I never moved to the night sort back a ways haha.

Oh yea, when people are pulled form what they're doing to preload a shift on the line, they get a silly look on their face.

Oh I know, ive seen people in the building with hardly anything to do. Look at the unload scanners. I dont mean the actual scanners, I mean the small and short people looking over the packages coming of the unload belts. They only observe the packages making sure they are barcode up. Come on, what do I have to do to sign up for that job XD~!~.