call off policy

F

FrigidAdCorrector

agree and very good post. I used to be a manager at a chain store and I had an employee who called off every Monday which was the most important day. at first I was understanding. she was a very nice person and a good worker the rest of the week. but after the 5th straight Monday call off I had to let her go. we had a business to run.
I don't like having the conversation. I mean obviously they need the job in some way. But I made a commitment to the company in the form of getting this sorted, bagged, and loaded by a certain time. I take my sort very personally. It's a reflection of me. I'm not going to let someone else tarnish it because they can't work the schedule they were told they'd have when they were hired.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I don't like having the conversation. I mean obviously they need the job in some way. But I made a commitment to the company in the form of getting this sorted, bagged, and loaded by a certain time. I take my sort very personally. It's a reflection of me. I'm not going to let someone else tarnish it because they can't work the schedule they were told they'd have when they were hired.
Well in all fairness....the schedule varies.....sometimes by a lot. One of the many things they don't tell you when they hire you.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Well in all fairness....the schedule varies.....sometimes by a lot. One of the many things they don't tell you when they hire you.
Very true. But for a large majority of the year, at least in my center, it remains pretty static. We've had the same start time since the second week of January and will until Cyber Monday. HR should warn people about peak. We went from an 1:10 sort the Monday before Thanksgiving, to a 5 hour sort Cyber Monday.

box_beeyotch

Realistically, what are they going to do fire you? Ok your laid off anyway...and then guess what you'll probably get rehired with back pay if you play your cards right. Also document everything for your own personal representation...nothing says proof like documentation and photographic evidence. It's like going to court. It's not what they know. It's what they can prove.