Call out frequency

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Just curious as I hang up the phone with my sup and get back into bed...how often do you guys call out and miss a day? There are drivers that do it almost once a week in my center. 3 times since January for me. Call me a snowflake if you want but I don’t have option or sick days yet being in my first year of driving.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I try not to call out so when I really need the day I don't chance requesting it, I call in.

Don't like doing that, but I got burned a few times so I learned my lesson.

rod

Retired 22 years
Just curious as I hang up the phone with my sup and get back into bed...how often do you guys call out and miss a day? There are drivers that do it almost once a week in my center. 3 times since January for me. Call me a snowflake if you want but I don’t have option or sick days yet being in my first year of driving.

Are you crawling back in bed because you are really sick or just because you "don't want to go to work"? If its the latter get a different job. No one said life is fair.

Faceplanted

Are you crawling back in bed because you are really sick or just because you "don't want to go to work"? If its the latter get a different job. No one said life is fair.
Ain't nothing better than calling and starting the day with breakfast and a breakfast beer. Mental health day my brother!

The Driver

I drive.
I haven't called in once in 4 years. All I can think about the whole day is those Benjamin Franklins I won't have. Not saying I won't in the future or shouldn't have already. There were some days I was not feeling well at all but still went in.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
A snowflake who calls in, or a tough guy hero who has never called out once...

hmmm, I'll side with snowflake

same tough guys who come to work and then proceed to whine about how much they hate UPS and their jobs :D

WorknLateHuh

i call centers outside of our union, 3 states away, and tell them, “yea, this so and so, i’m booking off today...”

On-Road - “This is who? wait, what? no we need you in!”

*click*