Called in but sup claims no call designation can't be changed

Concretion

I had to call in last week - I contacted the tower and I always get who I talked to and the time. My sup was on vacation last week and the tower didn't let the temporary sup know I had called in. I did let the temp sup know the next day when I came in who I talked to but she already had put it in as a no call. (I have been there several years and they all know I always call if something comes up). I did not have the temp sups phone number and since I called the tower figured they would let her know. Which of course they didn't. My regular sup asked me this past Monday why I was off and told me I had to have more than I was taking off that evening. (I told her then why I was off). She claims she can't go back and change the no call in the records. What article do I use to file a grievance - can't figure out which one - don't ask me to ask a steward they are only good for turning in grievances once you can find one. I was thinking 37 or 6. I don't want this on my permanent record when I called in and they chose to mark it incorrectly. Thanks

blkmamba

I had to call in last week - I contacted the tower and I always get who I talked to and the time. My sup was on vacation last week and the tower didn't let the temporary sup know I had called in. I did let the temp sup know the next day when I came in who I talked to but she already had put it in as a no call. (I have been there several years and they all know I always call if something comes up). I did not have the temp sups phone number and since I called the tower figured they would let her know. Which of course they didn't. My regular sup asked me this past Monday why I was off and told me I had to have more than I was taking off that evening. (I told her then why I was off). She claims she can't go back and change the no call in the records. What article do I use to file a grievance - can't figure out which one - don't ask me to ask a steward they are only good for turning in grievances once you can find one. I was thinking 37 or 6. I don't want this on my permanent record when I called in and they chose to mark it incorrectly. Thanks
Show your sup your call log, showing you called in when you said. If that doesn't work go to HR and report the dishonesty.

HBGPreloader

Are you being disciplined?
If not, why should you care?
I've been accused of a few no call/no shows over the years and wasn't even issued a warning notice.
In the few circumstances when it was brought up, I simply stated that I called out according to the contract. However, if management doesn't answer the phone, that's not my problem.

Dr.Brownz

Are you being disciplined?
If not, why should you care?
I've been accused of a few no call/no shows over the years and wasn't even issued a warning notice.
In the few circumstances when it was brought up, I simply stated that I called out according to the contract. However, if management doesn't answer the phone, that's not my problem.

Where in contract? Never seen that langauge

HBGPreloader

Where in contract? Never seen that langauge
You know, that's a good question!
I saw it documented, somewhere, that you must call in at least 1 hour prior to your start time. However, after a quick glance, it doesn't appear to be in our local supplement.
And, the copy of the master agreement I have on my computer only notes the amendments since the last contract.

GetTacosOrDieTrying

What's in the box!!!!!?
If you been there several years you should have more then one sups number. If my sup isnt in i contact another sup around that area to let that cover sup know i wont be in. Or contact the fulltime sup which is even better.

Oak

I haven't taken an unscheduled day off work since 1979 without being under a doctor's care. (Did it ONE time and felt really stupid within the hour.) I just go to work when I'm expected to be there. Guess I'm just old school. Maybe I'll grow up someday.