Called into the office

Rack em

Made the Podium
Be on your toes---they are up to something....
Yeah they normally won't call you into the office to say you're doing a good job if they weren't up to something. They don't like paying you to get disciplined, they sure as hell aren't going to pay to praise you. Be on alert for a while and deliver like there is always a sup watching you.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I would bet there is a company wide, corporate initiative to boost morale of drivers. Probably so the squeekers quit bitching on facebook about not being supplied with oxegen tanks and hazmat suits

Dough99

D62687C9-4B00-4027-811C-0A48D6D43C09.jpeg

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Maybe. And yes, it would be silly not to use the methods. For the most part, they do work. For example, if you really use 3 points of contact as the feeder drivers, it makes an obvious difference.
Hard to use 3 points of contact when I’m double fisting burgers.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Yeah they normally won't call you into the office to say you're doing a good job if they weren't up to something. They don't like paying you to get disciplined, they sure as hell aren't going to pay to praise you. Be on alert for a while and deliver like there is always a sup watching you.
You're killin it baby!
200w.gif

ManInBrown

Recently got called into the office and, in the presence of a stew, showered with compliments for a series of 'outstanding' observations over the last few months. On-car couldn't stop raving about my use of the methods. I was baffled, as if we had entered the twilight zone -- 'wait, this is still UPS, right?', and chuckling about it all day long. Not just 1 sup, but before I left the building all the other on-cars in my center came up and offered praise. Wild.

For the cowards who say you get a 'target on your back' for filing grieves, let it be known I had just filed my 5th grieve in the last 5 months, and still have less than 1 year seniority, and when disciplined for late air on a route I'd never run before (wo delivering any ground!), and later, sternly reprimanded and asked to answer for a miniscule tier 1 after months of getting forced into exhausting 6 day workweeks, I've not shied from calling em like I see em.

*Disclaimer: I still don't trust mgmt lol.
Bout the funniest sheet I’ve ever heard. Believe me they got something waiting for you, if you’re being honest about the grievances. They don’t call the kiss :censored2: in the office to praise them for anything, and they’re praising you? Lol.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
The management rule of thumb is to "say nothing".
If you did a "great job" (-1.6 is a great job?) they normally
say nothing.

You just lost $32 (plus ot?) for that day alone...X 5 days X 52 weeks =s at least $8,300 plus ot if applicable.

File all you want. They know you're throwing away money and it's landing in their bank account.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Welcome to the kinder, gentler UPS. Probably part of an initiative to help mitigate to flood of bad publicity for how poorly they treat their heroic, essential and critical employees.

Over70irregs

They do the same for me man, I’m in the beginning of year 3 RPCD. I too have filed 3 successful 9.5 grievances and never volunteer for jack, I refuse to break a sweat unless absolutely necessary, never let them jerk me around....I just want to put in a good safe honest days work and they know that and never bother me about poor performance or anything.
You have to remember that most 0-4 guys are the accident makers who cause them serious headaches and probably affect their performance bonuses. My theory is that they simply appreciate my area knowledge and the fact that I don’t mess up their safety goals. I get slammed my 2 days like everybody else on the list but other than that they leave me alone
You can file again if they consistently slam your dispatch 2 days a week.

Whither

Scofflaw
The management rule of thumb is to "say nothing".
If you did a "great job" (-1.6 is a great job?) they normally
say nothing.

You just lost $32 (plus ot?) for that day alone...X 5 days X 52 weeks =s at least $8,300 plus ot if applicable.

File all you want. They know you're throwing away money and it's landing in their bank account.

Except I said 1.6 overallowed, so I earned ~$33 in OT that the company thinks I 'shouldn't' have that day.

542thruNthru

My management team is always excited about my performance. They always says to me.

"Have you looked at your number 542thruNthru!! They are unbelievable! I couldn't get those numbers if I tried!!!"

I don't know why they always scream it at me. I guess some people can't handle greatness in their presence. :)

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Except I said 1.6 overallowed, so I earned ~$33 in OT that the company thinks I 'shouldn't' have that day.
Atta boy. So let's look again. You can't believe anything they say but maybe they want you to be promoted. You know theyll never lead you down the wrong path.

reginald95

Recently got called into the office and, in the presence of a stew, showered with compliments for a series of 'outstanding' observations over the last few months. On-car couldn't stop raving about my use of the methods. I was baffled, as if we had entered the twilight zone -- 'wait, this is still UPS, right?', and chuckling about it all day long. Not just 1 sup, but before I left the building all the other on-cars in my center came up and offered praise. Wild.

For the cowards who say you get a 'target on your back' for filing grieves, let it be known I had just filed my 5th grieve in the last 5 months, and still have less than 1 year seniority, and when disciplined for late air on a route I'd never run before (wo delivering any ground!), and later, sternly reprimanded and asked to answer for a miniscule tier 1 after months of getting forced into exhausting 6 day workweeks, I've not shied from calling em like I see em.

*Disclaimer: I still don't trust mgmt lol.

Did everyone stand up and clap? And their name Albert Einstein right?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
In all my years here , I may have gotten 5 or 6 attah boys , I’ve never been reprimanded for late air, or called into the office for anything other than , you suck and your paid over !!! This new superstar has late airs , filed grievances and had accident , all in his first year ?? and gets a big attah boy party in the office ,, either this snowflake management team has gone soft or he’s full of sheit , ,,