Called into the office

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The management rule of thumb is to "say nothing".
If you did a "great job" (-1.6 is a great job?) they normally
say nothing.

You just lost $32 (plus ot?) for that day alone...X 5 days X 52 weeks =s at least $8,300 plus ot if applicable.

File all you want. They know you're throwing away money and it's landing in their bank account.

He was 1.6 hours OVER.

Re-Raise

My 12yr old driver supervisor told me had did a driver observation on me and I told him I didn’t really care and walked away..

Whither

Scofflaw
Bout the funniest sheet I’ve ever heard. Believe me they got something waiting for you, if you’re being honest about the grievances. They don’t call the kiss :censored2: in the office to praise them for anything, and they’re praising you? Lol.

No tall tales here. I haven't mentioned the couple loaded pkg cars I've gotten red-tagged for legitimate safety reasons. All the times since I began using the weekly pick list, and now that I have my own route, they've asked me to run other routes and I've politely refused. You might be right, but I'm not sweating it. I learned from these forums not to cut corners, use the methods, and work as though I'm being watched at all times.

Whither

Scofflaw
Even money OP starts one of those classic “just got discharged. What are my chances of getting my job back” threads in the next 6 months.

The joke is, You haven't been fired?! You're still a rookie. If that's true, then surely, one day, I'll become a veteran haha. But I'll be talking w my BA if/when the time comes. :wink-very:

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

We had a guy get a 5 day rip for not honking after parking for a stop, another for not calling out UPS. Have had several drivers observed 2 or 3 times in less than a month. They’re getting ready for an economic slowdown so they can clean house before corporate can fire middle management to save on costs.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I learned from these forums not to cut corners, use the methods, and work as though I'm being watched at all times.

The best part about that.... it take's all the pressure off you.

PKG car drivers are creatures of habit. Start off with a good work routine and

you make it till retirement without a broken body.

Overpaid Union Thug

We had a guy get a 5 day rip for not honking after parking for a stop, another for not calling out UPS. Have had several drivers observed 2 or 3 times in less than a month. They’re getting ready for an economic slowdown so they can clean house before corporate can fire middle management to save on costs.

They could get rid of center managers. That would save a lot of money. And safety representatives as well. All they do is travel from building to building pretending to care to justify their existence. Sales reps? Why not? They don’t follow up on 95% of the sales leads anyway. And I am sure there is plenty of people in our corporate headquarters in Atlanta that would not be missed. A lot of these people are nothing more than a scapegoat to take a beating on a conference call. We don’t need them. But we definitely need drivers.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
ezgif-4-daacd987d2eb.gif

Not Rushin’

Recently got called into the office and, in the presence of a stew, showered with compliments for a series of 'outstanding' observations over the last few months. On-car couldn't stop raving about my use of the methods. I was baffled, as if we had entered the twilight zone -- 'wait, this is still UPS, right?', and chuckling about it all day long. Not just 1 sup, but before I left the building all the other on-cars in my center came up and offered praise. Wild.

For the cowards who say you get a 'target on your back' for filing grieves, let it be known I had just filed my 5th grieve in the last 5 months, and still have less than 1 year seniority, and when disciplined for late air on a route I'd never run before (wo delivering any ground!), and later, sternly reprimanded and asked to answer for a miniscule tier 1 after months of getting forced into exhausting 6 day workweeks, I've not shied from calling em like I see em.

*Disclaimer: I still don't trust mgmt lol.
It’s refreshing to see a young buck who knows how to handle himself in the office. It will serve you well throughout your career. Keep following the methods, because shortcuts may be faster, but if it’s observed discipline will follow.