Called out sick, told him to put in a paid sick day, said I need a Doc Note.

Coldfeer234

called out sick today and told my supervisor to put in a paid sick day (i have 12 hours)...He tell ms "Yea I need a doc note though".

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
called out sick today and told my supervisor to put in a paid sick day (i have 12 hours)...He tell ms "Yea I need a doc note though".

First, there isnt enough information provided by you to get anyone to give you an actual factual explanation. All we can do is guess. Therefore, let me start the guessing.

Your claim: Supe told me to get a doctors note.

Situation?: Well, using math, and assuming you are part time based on your remaining hours (12) available, this would be your 5th occassion.

Now, we dont know if its your consecutive 5th sick day or not, but if it is, you NEED a doctors note. If you dont provide one, the company could remove you from service for attendance.

7 sick days x 4 hours = 28 hours
4 sick days x 4 hours = 16 hours

leaving 12 hours

You now took your 5th day. You havent explained what time frame we are talking about.

If you took 5 days in a row, then the sup is correct. If you took 5 days in two weeks, then its a stretch, but he could ask for a doctors note.

If its 5 days in a month, then no note, but your reliability is what the sup is questioning.

Its possible, the sup is just trying to get your attention by asking you for a note.

Its also possible that you are exploiting your sick days and making it tougher on the rest of the employees when they call in sick.

Who knows, you didnt provide enough information.

As I said, let the guessing begin until you provide the complete details of your specific situation.

TOS.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Find your steward in the morning...tell your sup you were ill yesterday (Today) and that you'd lkke to be paid for a sick day. No Dr note is required.

oldngray

nowhere special
funny-doctor-note1.jpg

Last edited:

Coldfeer234

First, there isnt enough information provided by you to get anyone to give you an actual factual explanation. All we can do is guess. Therefore, let me start the guessing.

Situation?: Well, using math, and assuming you are part time based on your remaining hours (12) available, this would be your 5th occassion.

Now, we dont know if its your consecutive 5th sick day or not, but if it is, you NEED a doctors note. If you dont provide one, the company could remove you from service for attendance.

leaving 12 hours

You now took your 5th day. You havent explained what time frame we are talking about.

If you took 5 days in a row, then the sup is correct. If you took 5 days in two weeks, then its a stretch, but he could ask for a doctors note.

If its 5 days in a month, then no note, but your reliability is what the sup is questioning.

Its possible, the sup is just trying to get your attention by asking you for a note.

Its also possible that you are exploiting your sick days and making it tougher on the rest of the employees when they call in sick.

As I said, let the guessing begin until you provide the complete details of your specific situation.

TOS.

leaving 12 hours

TOS.
It's one day. I don't even remeber the last time I called out it must have been over a year ago. I never call out. Don't know where your getting this 5th day from.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It's one day. I don't even remeber the last time I called out it must have been over a year ago. I never call out. Don't know where your getting this 5th day from.

It's that member.....he pulls stuff out of his rear routinely. Ignore him, AND your sup.

You don't need a note for calling in sick one day. Go in tomorrow, and make sure they coded you properly.

OR, have your mother write a note signed "DR mom". They can go to hell.

Tip: Try not to burn up all your sick days so early in the year, they're nice to hold on to. Unless you decide to take a "Sick week" for Vacay!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

In your local, how many sick days do you have? You said you have 12 hours left, here, we have 7 days... 28 hours part time, 56 hours for full time.

Like I said, you have very limited information posted. We can only "GUESS" like I indicated.

In our contract, a doctors note is required for a 5th consecutive day of absence due to illness. If you listen to Nword, youre sure to get yourself fired.

TOS.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In your local, how many sick days do you have? You said you have 12 hours left, here, we have 7 days... 28 hours part time, 56 hours for full time.

Like I said, you have very limited information posted. We can only "GUESS" like I indicated.

In our contract, a doctors note is required for a 5th consecutive day of absence due to illness. If you listen to Nword, youre sure to get yourself fired.

TOS.

How do you know how many days he has available, how many he's used, and with what frequency??

You like to assume a lot of stuff, and be wrong.

Some locals have 5 sick days, which means he would have taken off just 2 days, not 5 of 7.

Even if he's taken 5, that could be one a week so far this year, hardly excessive.

My name isn't Nword, but you love to pigeonhole.....so I'm not surprised.

Can you distinguish between rap stars? Or do you call them all Nword??

I'll prepare for another NON answer from you.

herbigharo32

You have to already miss 5 days of work to be down to 12 hours, counting 7 option days plus 1 personal holiday. That is alot. If you missed more than 3 days, file FMLA to protect your job.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You have to already miss 5 days of work to be down to 12 hours, counting 7 option days plus 1 personal holiday. That is alot. If you missed more than 3 days, file FMLA to protect your job.

That's 100% not accurate. In my local, we max out at 5 sick days. If the OP does as well, then after 2 prior sick days, he'd be down to 12 hours.

Geez, this guy asked for advice as to if he needed a doctor's note, he did NOT ask for our opinions on his attendance. If another union member told me I take off too much, I'd tell them to mind their own business

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
That's 100% not accurate. In my local, we max out at 5 sick days. If the OP does as well, then after 2 prior sick days, he'd be down to 12 hours.

Geez, this guy asked for advice as to if he needed a doctor's note, he did NOT ask for our opinions on his attendance. If another union member told me I take off too much, I'd tell them to mind their own business

Nworduser,

Like I posted originally, the OP didnt provide his history or sick days allowed. That leaves ANY suggestions up to speculation. You can all tell him to tell his supervisor to pound sand, but if it turned out that it was his 5th consecutive occassion and he follows the advice and doesnt cooperate, you may cost him his job.

In these cases, usually there's something missing from the story.

TOS.