Calling all Wellness co-chairs...

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I did some digging with the ole search button and found very little to do with Wellness.

Any co-chairs out there? I'm interested to see how active you are on a daily/weekly/monthly basis?

What are you discussing? Etc,etc.
Thanks

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Just didn't think it added any value to the question I posted.

I am a wellness co chair. Our center manager gives very little guidance and the resources provided by the company are dry and non engaging. So I'm just looking for some others input on what they do. Besides circle jerks.
Dynamic warm-ups, easy routes, lots of chair time and in the summer drive around passing out Gatorade.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Just didn't think it added any value to the question I posted.

I am a wellness co chair. Our center manager gives very little guidance and the resources provided by the company are dry and non engaging. So I'm just looking for some others input on what they do. Besides circle jerks.
They are a joke only put in place after osha got up they ass

Bring up a change you’d like to see made and see where it goes

I stand by my statement nothing but a circlejerk

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I used to be very active then girlfriend got pregnant so that went down the drain 👎
Other than that I take care of myself.
Workout at home
Eat healthy
I am a fruit I swear

qdg2

I did some digging with the ole search button and found very little to do with Wellness.

Any co-chairs out there? I'm interested to see how active you are on a daily/weekly/monthly basis?

Thanks
Our Co-Chair is a steward(required). We have white board messages and demos. Hydration whatever the accident/injury of the moment is....

Our safety committee does everything it can to do nothing(IMO). The company has a set of requirements that must be followed.....not much thinking outside that box. The Union does everything it can to neuter the safety comm.

Why? Most of the unsafe practices and boorish behavior is by union employees.....Thy shall not cause any harm to a fellow union member. So, nothing is said or done.

We have a concerns book......might as well wipe your behind with it......

We have massive safety/security concerns being conducted in broad, clear daylight with the knowledge of the comm. and mgt. and the union....

We have to conclude......they condone such. And encourage....?

542thruNthru

Thanks
Our Wellness champion isn't out safety Co-chair.

Anyways. Wellness is on Wednesdays. They put out fliers on drivers seats and have a table with fruits and water for drivers. They also do some chalk talk on the floor for drivers to read as they drive out.

It's pretty much turned into a 10 min Wellness job and 50min loading sorting their truck.

Integrity

Binge Poster

Thanks
Are you aware of the Contact Language covering Safety Committees?

This time of year Proper Hydration is what or Wellness Champion is discussing.

Thanks
I searched the same & got your post. I was asked back in Nov to be the wellness co-chair for preload at our center because the center didn't have one for any shift, or the drivers. Obviously, it was put on hold for peak. I've been running into the following issues: Supervisors seem to think it's the same as a safety co-chair(similar, but it's not the same), I've spent the last 3 weeks going around asking questions from a safety questionnaire, they are trying to lump it up with safety, they don't take it seriously & therefore some co-workers don't take it seriously, & lack of support from supervisors. Fortunately, the Occupational Health rep that came to get us started is helpful. I did listen to the monthly meeting for the first time & got some ideas for Feb, they focus on cardiovascular health bc Feb is American Heart month. I plan on asking my supervisor about starting "Wellness Wednesdays", mentioning at a PCM what the wellness co-chair is there for (bc of what I learned in Nov, I actually was able to point a coworker in the right direction in getting legal help for an elderly family member), doing something once a week at the PCM, I recently reached out to the manager at Shoe Carnival & they agreed to give me 20% off coupons for work boots to use at 3 nearby locations for our center's employees, & for this week, I got a local cardiologist office to donate red ribbons to wear for Fri, 2/3 for the Go Red for Women, & those wearing red get a healthy snack & bottled water. I know they all may not take it seriously, but I know I've done my part & can justify the extra hour or so I get every week to plan for such. I actually do care, I have a degree in psychology & human services & certificates in health & wellness; it helps that my knowledge isn't going to waste bc I love what I do at UPS more (no, I'm not masochist, lol)! Also, bc safety & wellness go together on some things, our preload safety co-chair & I have planned on doing a competition against the different belts & primary to see who can answer the most safety questions correctly & our building supervisor agreed to order tees to give as prizes. I'd love to be able to bounce ideas off one another with you & any other wellness co-chairs who are interested.