Calling in every morning AGAIN

Cardb0ard.

Beer and more beer
Ive been with the company for over a year. I got all my benefits and all that. recently my center went really low on volume and it looks like it's not gonna pick up anytime soon. They've put me back to calling in every morning again. My question is can they still do that? And I know if I don't work a certain amount of time I get my benefits taken out which concerns me. I like a day off but priorities come first and I needs these bills paid!

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
If you haven't done so already make sure you let management know that your willing to work doing any job they have. That may include going out on the blind, air driving or working sorts. Different supplements allow you certain rights depending on your hire date and seniority date. I'd recommend familiarizing yourself with those sections of the contract. After doing that I'd talk to your steward and make sure your interpretation matches his and proceed from there. Good luck

Cardb0ard.

Beer and more beer
If you haven't done so already make sure you let management know that your willing to work doing any job they have. That may include going out on the blind, air driving or working sorts. Different supplements allow you certain rights depending on your hire date and seniority date. I'd recommend familiarizing yourself with those sections of the contract. After doing that I'd talk to your steward and make sure your interpretation matches his and proceed from there. Good luck
Thanks a lot, I haven't done that yet but I'll let management know tomorrow. Appreciate it.

WorknLateHuh

once the next phase of orion is released you will be back to work in no time, with every loop probably getting an additional 20% boost in miles o_O

By The Book

Thanks a lot, I haven't done that yet but I'll let management know tomorrow. Appreciate it.
I don't know how large your center is but you may be able to work another part time shift in your building. Your seniority will be the deciding factor, if your contract allows that.

ManInBrown

Where are these centers you guys work at? Every day I'm amazed that we all work for the same company. What do you mean calling in? You've been there a year. I'm assuming your a FT service provider. Show up and tell them to point you in the direction of the broom closet.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Ive been with the company for over a year. I got all my benefits and all that. recently my center went really low on volume and it looks like it's not gonna pick up anytime soon. They've put me back to calling in every morning again. My question is can they still do that? And I know if I don't work a certain amount of time I get my benefits taken out which concerns me. I like a day off but priorities come first and I needs these bills paid!
Have to punch in at least once a week or lose health benefits etc in my area

Where are these centers you guys work at? Every day I'm amazed that we all work for the same company. What do you mean calling in? You've been there a year. I'm assuming your a FT service provider. Show up and tell them to point you in the direction of the broom closet.
Bottom 10% of drivers do not have a 40 hour guarantee. And stay out of the broom closet because that is porter work and there will be grievances filed. He can bump the bottom PT employee if he has more company seniority. File for unemployment and lose your benefits.

ManInBrown

Bottom 10% of drivers do not have a 40 hour guarantee. And stay out of the broom closet because that is porter work and there will be grievances filed. He can bump the bottom PT employee if he has more company seniority. File for unemployment and lose your benefits.
What local do bottom 10% not have 40 hour guarantee? That's crazy. Is this a right to work state?