calling in sick within your 30 days..

Logb17

Im on day 27 of my 30 days for driving. Last night I started to get a sore throat. Woke up this morning with a fat headache, soar throat, non stop runny nose, absolutely no energy and a cough. No way I could go work, especially a heavy industrial route in 38 degree rainy weather.

So I called in an hour and a half early and told them I was real sick and couldnt work, sup says "Fiiiiiine, guess we will see you tomorrow.." in an irritated voice. Then half an hour later the sup that trained me texted me asking if i was sure i couldnt make it today. Told him I was way to sick. As of now, I dont feel any better and Im about to go to bed. No way I can work again if I don't get at least somewhat better over night.

Kicking myself over what to do. Thought about texting my training sup warning him I might have to call in tomorrow. At this point hes already at home though.

nystripe96

Ouch that sucks. I dunno, you may have to just suck it up and go to work. The timing is bad cuz its your probationary, but at least if you go in, they can just send you home if you're really that sick.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Suck it up, go to work, dont think about being sick, and you will be fine. If you cant take it now, imagine the next 29 3/4 yrs. Think of it as I am getting paid to be sick. Stay home when you feel good. Seriously, we are expected to go to work when no one else would. That is why, at least here, we get no sick days.

Indecisi0n

Being that it's day 27 of 30 I could have sucked it up. When you go in just explain you are sick and take your time throughout the day. That way it shows your a trooper. Like tooner said, i'd save my sick days for when i feel good lol.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
2 five hour energy's, taken 5 hours apart

anyways, which is more important, "sucking it up", dragging ass on road, and increasing your risk of an accident because you're sick or just calling out for a couple days

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I'd say, show up in your browns and talk with your soups. Let them notice how bad your feeling and looking as well. If they let you go home, great! But dont count on that too much. They usally will want to or make you drive anyways. If they got you on a route that nobody wants or bids on, sure they'll be pissed, but dont be too worried about them having you let go for a common cold. Theres routes that everyone wants, then theres routes to be talked about being death on high water.

Show up tomarrow with the cold and state your not feeling well. You should know if you can handle it or not. It really should be your call, if you end up passing out on road and killing someone because of it, it should be on them knowing you were too sick to drive. Theres ways to play this out if things are dealt as dealt.

ymelord

Go to work and hopefully you make everybody else sick. An honest brown out started by you, great way to start out your driving career. shake alot of hands tomorrow