Calling in unavailable an hour before 6th punch.

Our hub has been running ground on Saturday for a little over a year now. I’ve been getting forced for the past 6 months or so. I’ve always called in unavailable. The sups are saying they can discipline us for it now. I probably have 15 occurrences all on Saturday and my attendance is squeaky clean otherwise. I plan on calling in unavailable on Saturday like always. If they sit me down monday, it’s only a verbal warning regardless of how many occurrences I’ve accrued, correct? I’ve never been talked to about attendance. Our only good steward is in Hawaii at the moment. I’m in the western region (WA)

charm299

Our hub has been running ground on Saturday for a little over a year now. I’ve been getting forced for the past 6 months or so. I’ve always called in unavailable. The sups are saying they can discipline us for it now. I probably have 15 occurrences all on Saturday and my attendance is squeaky clean otherwise. I plan on calling in unavailable on Saturday like always. If they sit me down monday, it’s only a verbal warning regardless of how many occurrences I’ve accrued, correct? I’ve never been talked to about attendance. Our only good steward is in Hawaii at the moment. I’m in the western region (WA)
What your supplement says about 6th punches or scheduled workweek?

Zowert

We have drivers here that have been issued 1 and even 3 day suspensions for calling in Saturday. They have never actually served those suspensions though. I know a guy that files harassment grievances every time they write him up for a Saturday occurrence. There’s another dude who straight up ignores the Saturday force in list. Doesn’t even call in just says he won’t be there. He’s been doing that for as long as I can remember and they haven’t fired him.

If you like your time off then stand your ground, I highly doubt the union will let the company terminate someone for Saturday occurrences. The contract is to blame for these forced 6th punches. 22.4 drivers are Tues-Sat, many hubs/centers don’t have enough of them to cover their volume on Saturdays. Therefore they have to force RPCD’s in. People that didn’t vote on the contract are complaining about being forced in on Saturday, it’s hilarious.

Made brown

Honest question here, but if you call in on Saturday morning and say you are too fatigued to even drive to work would that be an occurrence?

quad decade guy

UPS will count it as a occurrence but the union will fight it.
Union will fight it....what does that mean......will he win....ultimately?

We have folks file grievances all the time while being fired......our last guy did get his job back....but it cost him $8,000 in lost wages.

BTW, that's not me trying to scare people......just facts.

quad decade guy

We have drivers here that have been issued 1 and even 3 day suspensions for calling in Saturday. They have never actually served those suspensions though. I know a guy that files harassment grievances every time they write him up for a Saturday occurrence. There’s another dude who straight up ignores the Saturday force in list. Doesn’t even call in just says he won’t be there. He’s been doing that for as long as I can remember and they haven’t fired him.

If you like your time off then stand your ground, I highly doubt the union will let the company terminate someone for Saturday occurrences. The contract is to blame for these forced 6th punches. 22.4 drivers are Tues-Sat, many hubs/centers don’t have enough of them to cover their volume on Saturdays. Therefore they have to force RPCD’s in. People that didn’t vote on the contract are complaining about being forced in on Saturday, it’s hilarious.
What are the results of those harassment grievances?

And the dude that doesn't even call in....they haven't fired him....yet?

And those non-served suspensions.....isn't the next step termination.......regardless of serving the time....it is recorded as issued....right?

542thruNthru

We have folks file grievances all the time while being fired......our last guy did get his job back....but it cost him $8,000 in lost wages.

DOT regulations say that he can not be disciplined for taking himself out because of fatigue. Along with what his supplemental agreement says about workday work week. Also he can file a Article 7 for a working termination so that he's working until they resolve his grievance.

Yes we know that you know many people that lose their jobs and don't get back pay. What you keep failing to tell us is what exactly they were fired for and the details. Also if they decided not to pursue back pay.

Made brown

DOT regulations say that he can not be disciplined for taking himself out because of fatigue. Along with what his supplemental agreement says about workday work week. Also he can file a Article 7 for a working termination so that he's working until they resolve his grievance.

Yes we know that you know many people that lose their jobs and don't get back pay. What you keep failing to tell us is what exactly they were fired for and the details. Also if they decided not to pursue back pay.
Thanks for the answer. I would think it would probably be better to just show up and then take myself out of service for fatigued or ill driver. This isn't about me, im just using myself as an example.

542thruNthru

Thanks for the answer. I would think it would probably be better to just show up and then take myself out of service for fatigued or ill driver. This isn't about me, im just using myself as an example.
Hell, encourage everyone to report it if UPS disciplines you for calling out fatigued. Just remember though. It probably won't work if you only have 45 by end of Friday.

Hell, encourage everyone to report it if UPS disciplines you for calling out fatigued. Just remember though. It probably won't work if you only have 45 by end of Friday.

d3a738413b1b9c65333276c89ed82476.gif

ManInBrown

Fatigued sorry can’t come in. Are you asking me to take a commercial vehicle on the road and drive when it’s not safe because I’m too tired from having already worked 5 days this week. Click.

Man I feel so bad for some of these locals. 177 can’t force sixth day, Black Friday still paid day off, can’t force even at peak. I’ve never worked one Saturday in my career, peak or any other time of year. I used to respond lol on the Diad when they would beg me in package to work Saturday during peak.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
In my local it has to be a building-wide force in order for the discipline to hold up. They can’t just pick and choose which centers get to force people in. Some guys don’t even call in an hour before they just don’t show. RTS everything and it will be thrown out.

Dr.Brownz

Time off = priceless

You must come from a weak local. Locals are usually reflections of their members.