Calling out - "On topic"

upsguy17

Hey guys, I've been a cover driver for roughly 5 months and been with the company for 11 months and I don't have any option days or anything but I need the day off tomorrow to help my parents move, Ive been driving every day since October and I have called in once 2 weeks ago because I had car issues that day. Can i get in trouble if I call in tomorrow without any option days or anything? Thanks in advance guys.

upschuck

Most places have a number of days you can call out, but that in supplemental language, and differ around the country. They would be without pay, of course

upschuck

I don't mind the without pay, and I'm in florida and can they harass me or do anything towards me for calling in?
A quick look at your supplement, and looks like you are entitled to 5 paid sick days. Pg 235, sec c if you have been there for the whole previous calendar year

upsguy17

I'm looking at it right now, and I started in March of last year though, so I won't get the paid day but I can still call in?

upschuck

I'm looking at it right now, and I started in March of last year though, so I won't get the paid day but I can still call in?
Don't really see anything about number ofdays you can call in, but if you've only done it one other time, you shouldn't have a problem, especially on a Monday, since those are the lightest, generally.

upsguy17

Do you call in everyday, or do they call you, when needed
I just show up around 8-8:30 and wait for the list that shows who's driving what route, I've been driving every day since october of last year so they never have told me to call in and they have never called me, I just show up, its been the same route every day too, if it matters

ManInBrown

You'll be fine. They can't do squat. Don't text anyone now or tomorrow

Call in tomorrow morning.

Whoever answers the phone "This is so and so not coming in today. See ya tomorrow. Click

Don't ask for anyone. Whoever answers the phone.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Although I highly recommend that you not say you're sick. You won't be in. None of their business why.
@barneys....,smh. You tell them the day before " I am taking myself out of service". You don't have to call in.
You just have to call yourself "back in" when your coming back to work. FYI. After 3 days you need a doctors note.

ManInBrown

@barneys....,smh. You tell them the day before " I am taking myself out of service". You don't have to call in.
You just have to call yourself "back in" when your coming back to work. FYI. After 3 days you need a doctors note.
Where do you work where you tell them the day before "I'm taking myself out of service?"

trickpony1

I don't know if taking yourself "out of service" is a good idea as it has implications.

I would simply say, "...I'm not gonna be in....I've some personal business to attend to.".

Most of us employees are all grown up and, occasionally, have grown up issues to deal with. The company knows this.