Calling out with a doctors note

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
if I call out and show proof of a doctors note the next day can management discipline me?
If it's your 90th occurrence you may have an issue. But even if you're out of sick time, the contract doesn't dictate what you're allowed. It only dictates what UPS is "required" to pay.

JustAnotherSup

Can they? Yes. Will they? No.

Even if you're out of paid sick days (or don't get any paid sick days), you won't face discipline. You'll just be coded as Sick Day (No Pay).

ManInBrown

Screw the doctors note. You don't need that for calling out one day. Doesn't matter if you have no days left. A couple years ago I missed the whole week with the flu. Had no days left. They told me to bring the doctors note, which I had because I was legitimately sick and went to the Doctor. Showed up Monday and nobody even asked for it. When you're a driver most of the time they're just happy they got a body back they needed.

35years

Gravy route
I really don't think they can give you a letter if you have a doctor's note. Even if you have a chronic problem with calling out sick.

In our local at least they can not even make you see a doctor until you are out 3 days.

If you are not calling out on a regular basis, and they try to disciple you, file a grievance.

Weaver

if I call out and show proof of a doctors note the next day can management discipline me?

Of course they can. It depends on how many times you've called out. If you've only called out a few times, don't worry about it. You don't even need a doctors note. But if you have an attendance issue then no a doctors note wont save you.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Of course they can. It depends on how many times you've called out. If you've only called out a few times, don't worry about it. You don't even need a doctors note. But if you have an attendance issue then no a doctors note wont save you.

I've never known anybody to be terminated if they had a doctor's note.

ManInBrown

They can "attempt" to discipline you for anything they want. If you have a good shop steward all the dumb sheet they try to call you in the office for ends really quickly. I've been summoned to the office for the dumbest sheet. My shop steward on numerous occasions has said to them, are you kidding me? I sheet you not he would turn to me and say this little meeting is done. You can leave. Lol