Calling the Vote

I GOT ONE MORE

I've been reading, watching, listening, and talking about this contract.

Many think it'a a done deal.

Ratification of this contract is far from a sure thing.

The vote will be alarming.

If it goes down, which I believe it will, there will be limited time for renegotiations. I'm sure we would continue to work past July 31 with retroactive benefits.

If it passes, we need a recount with a 4th "impartial" party observing.

​Anyway, I'm calling it. It's a big fat NO and UPS/Teamsters are making headlines.

Sad, but both sides made the bed that the member/employees must sleep in.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Shouldn't there be a coordinated effort by the locals to ask each and every employee whether they voted or not, like how there were people going house-to-house making sure everyone was registered to vote? Something as simple as being excused for 30-60 mins one day to physically walk to every member working and asking, "Have you voted yet?" and if no, "Why not?" I am sure it wouldn't be inappropiate to address the importance of voting on what each individual would like to see in their personal working relationship with UPS; that is how I view this, and I am apolitical in nature. Granted, in the end my own wishes won't be entirely met, but have enough been met-whether they be for my own family needs, or IMO the entire union membership-for me to vote yes. This shouldn't take a lot, but could be done one day-a-week up until the deadline, and unlike the elections of e-boards and officials, this directly pertains to the company as well as the workers, so I would think a steward could be excused from their duties to walk to each and every member of their shift and ask the question.

A

anonymous6

going by Brown Café voters, it will be NO. I did an informal poll at my hub and the vote is yes.

sad to say but many Teamsters did not learn an important lesson from the 97 strike. our parking lot is full of brand new pick ups , Harleys, boats , rvs, and other toys that have to be payed on every month.

how do you think people will vote when most are overextended and stupid.

stink219

going by Brown Café voters, it will be NO. I did an informal poll at my hub and the vote is yes.

sad to say but many Teamsters did not learn an important lesson from the 97 strike. our parking lot is full of brand new pick ups , Harleys, boats , rvs, and other toys that have to be payed on every month.

how do you think people will vote when most are overextended and stupid.
Are they overextended? That is an assumption. Most drivers are making 80k without too much OT.