Calling the weather line every morning

snowcat66

I love how one snowstorm can cause so many delays that stretch out thru the whole week. I mean come on after the first day Indy has to be cleaned up and their have been no other weather that could cause such delays in Memphis . 90 min first day, 45 next, 30 next and today(Sat) 45 min! I believe they just want to save money by cutting hours even if it means sacrificing service. then after told to take 30 min in bldg and later on road they tell us we have to take other 30! People are stressed to the max. no service disruptions or an extension of the delay is added to commit times. Can't wait to see what happens next week as their are no big storms forecast. but this is winter right? it is expected. it's what we do.. guess de -icing a plane takes longer than I thought...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I love how one snowstorm can cause so many delays that stretch out thru the whole week. I mean come on after the first day Indy has to be cleaned up and their have been no other weather that could cause such delays in Memphis . 90 min first day, 45 next, 30 next and today(Sat) 45 min! I believe they just want to save money by cutting hours even if it means sacrificing service. then after told to take 30 min in bldg and later on road they tell us we have to take other 30! People are stressed to the max. no service disruptions or an extension of the delay is added to commit times. Can't wait to see what happens next week as their are no big storms forecast. but this is winter right? it is expected. it's what we do.. guess de -icing a plane takes longer than I thought...

If you're calling a "weather line", you're a fool.

dezguy

I love early pull days. Meanwhile UPS and Purolator have their trucks on the road till 7 or 8 at night. We look like an absolute joke because we're rolling back cutoffs, and regs so they can get us off the road at 3...

hypo hanna

The downside to a hub and spoke system. Same thing happens to airlines like Delta, Continental and American. Only difference is too many fedex employees fall for the "weather line" BS or take breaks while waiting for freight. Doing so makes you a stand by employee without any stand by pay.