Calls/texts from supervisors

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This week I have realized I am gonna stop answering calls/texts from supervisor's personal phones both in and out of work. In my situation, the only exception is if the call is directly from the Center then I'll pick up the phone. The phone calls/text from supervisors cell phone is to the point of harassment. Might even have to block their number. It is straight DIAD message for now on.

Awesome

Do you need somebody to tell you it’ll be ok?

If not what is your point?

Where'sMyRegularDriver?

Could you describe the ruckus, sir?
I changed my number 2 years ago for this exact reason. Yes it's a pain to change your info, but man, It's awesome not having to worry about them calling/texting. I never informed them of my num change (only our OMS knows). I found out that the woman that got my old num is pissed off because she has been getting calls from various supervisors and drivers at meet points wondering where I am. I told them to use the diad, but they don't listen.

UPSJK

Awesome

Do you need somebody to tell you it’ll be ok?

If not what is your point?

Yes. When I wrote this thread I was upset and needed to vent. Maybe this thread can help other drivers that work during lunch/break because the supervisor asked for a meet point. Maybe help drivers to use the DIAD message more.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Yes. When I wrote this thread I was upset and needed to vent. Maybe this thread can help other drivers that work during lunch/break because the supervisor asked for a meet point. Maybe help drivers to use the DIAD message more.
you could just tell them you changed your number and just make one up or give them somebody elses to

lmao

35years

Gravy route
Best thing about this job was never talking to the boss from pcm till punch out.

I do my best to keep it that way.

They have nothing useful to say during my day.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I've never minded talking to the boss on my cell, most times it's beneficial for both of us. There was only one time in delivery that a sup called me on route to try and harass me about production, I just hung up on him and he never called me again.

brostalss

I went nearly 17 years in Package with only a small handful of people EVER getting my cell phone number. I only trusted one on road sup with my number and she promised never to give it out and she kept it. I NEVER kept my cell phone on me in Package. It stayed in my bag in the back. I checked it a few times a day and that's it.

Don't ever give your cell number to management. It's your personal phone. Keep it personal.

clean hairy

"I tried to call, and you did not answer"
"What # did you try to call?"
"Xxx xxx xxxx"
That is my personal # which I do not answer since the company does not pay the bill"
"Instead, Call me anytime on my company issued phone, which I only have during working hours, and when it is safe to do so, I will be happy to answer!"

MattM

Does no one call in sick?

I guess it’s different at my building. We txt them if we have to ‘call’ in sick at least one hour prior to start of shift. And with the shift times ranging from 2-5am, what are some of you guys suggesting? Call them from a private number?

They are only required to notify us of schedule shift changes a couple hours before start of shift, but they’ll call us 2-3 days prior if they know of the change at that point in time.

Sometimes we have an extra work bid list. Or a list if they need X amount of volunteers not to work. All have phone numbers attached for easier communication.

Driver harassment is real. I’ll give y’all that

542thruNthru

I guess it’s different at my building. We txt them if we have to ‘call’ in sick at least one hour prior to start of shift. And with the shift times ranging from 2-5am, what are some of you guys suggesting? Call them from a private number?

They are only required to notify us of schedule shift changes a couple hours before start of shift, but they’ll call us 2-3 days prior if they know of the change at that point in time.

Sometimes we have an extra work bid list. Or a list if they need X amount of volunteers not to work. All have phone numbers attached for easier communication.

This all depends on your workday workweek language. Also what you're willing to put up with.

Here schedules are set the week before. When I was PT I held them to that. Having a second or 3rd job you need some stability. I understand they have a business to run but I have a life to live and at one point a family to support.

Where'sMyRegularDriver?

Could you describe the ruckus, sir?

They do not know my number. I call the center number (no caller ID) for option days. I use my cell only for certain situations that benefit me. I still will only call the center number. They have to inform me the day before during work if there are any changes. If you want them to have your num so it makes it easier for you, go for it.