Came across a very nosey and rude neighbor of a customer.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
This guy's beef was that I knocked rather than ring the door bell while delivering to his neighbor. The driver had me go back and ring the door bell just to try and shut this guy up. It didn't work. This guy wanted names which was refused. So he started taking pictures which the driver told him not to do. Anyway this guy then follows us on to the next street. He didn't follow us beyond that street however. The driver just called it in to the center. If this guy had continued to follow us, the center would have called the police from what the driver was telling me. The driver even told him that it was basically none of his business. This guy told the driver that because he was their neighbor that it made it his business. Basically my first time of coming across something like this while out there.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This guy's beef was that I knocked rather than ring the door bell while delivering to his neighbor. The driver had me go back and ring the door bell just to try and shut this guy up. It didn't work. This guy wanted names which was refused. So he started taking pictures which the driver told him not to do. Anyway this guy then follows us on to the next street. He didn't follow us beyond that street however. The driver just called it in to the center. If this guy had continued to follow us, the center would have called the police from what the driver was telling me. The driver even told him that it was basically none of his business. This guy told the driver that because he was their neighbor that it made it his business. Basically my first time of coming across something like this while out there.

"Sir, this doesn't concern you. Have a nice day."

GillEagan

"Sir, this doesn't concern you. Have a nice day."

That was pointed out to him. His reply was that because he was their neighbor, it made it his business. Seriously, this guy actually said that. I've heard of neighbors looking out for one another, but this is ridiculous.

GillEagan

Here's another thing that I noticed that was a bit odd about the whole thing. The person we delivered to was home. When I went back to ring the door bell, I could see through the windows this woman was in the living room looking towards the door. I went ahead and rang the door bell any way. Then went back to the truck and told the driver that this person was home. She never came out once while we were there. She must have known what was going on outside as I'm sure she could hear it through the windows.

GillEagan

I would have told him he can ring the bell himself, and that we are instructed to knock because a lot of doorbells don't work.

LOL. At first that's what I thought the driver was saying. That was until the driver said it a second time that I realized he was telling me to go do it. Later that day I told the driver that I wasn't sure if some of the door bells work.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Here's another thing that I noticed that was a bit odd about the whole thing. The person we delivered to was home. When I went back to ring the door bell, I could see through the windows this woman was in the living room looking towards the door. I went ahead and rang the door bell any way. Then went back to the truck and told the driver that this person was home. She never came out once while we were there. She must have known what was going on outside as I'm sure she could hear it through the windows.

She was probably trying to avoid the crazy neighbor. Lol.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I guess I don't get what the issue was with knocking. Unless it was pounding. Was the neighbor in his house or was it an apartment and the neighbor felt like he was being "disturbed"?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Cool story, bro. :sleeping2:

GillEagan

I guess I don't get what the issue was with knocking. Unless it was pounding. Was the neighbor in his house or was it an apartment and the neighbor felt like he was being "disturbed"?

It was a house in a well off middle class neighbor. His complaint was that I had hardly knocked at all. I knocked loud enough for anyone inside to hear.