Camera Advice

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I want to get my wife a digital camera for Christmas and spend about $500. What would be a good make and model for an beginning photographer? We had a nice pocket size one a few years back but it disappeared. I want to get a bigger one for her thats easy to use.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I still have my Nikon D50 that I've been using for nearly ten years now. They have even more options now. Nikon has quite a few nice DSLR's in the $500 range.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Thats a generous camera budget, may want to consider a piece of jewelry for 300 and camera 200. Just saying.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I am not photog or a serious photographer, although I have been told I take some good pics. I bought a nikon coolpix, L810 and have yet to discover all the features. It has like 32 different scene settings, and I love it. I feel it is a great camera for people like me......If I had one with anything more it would be a waste for an ameteur like me to go above that.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I want to get my wife a digital camera for Christmas and spend about $500. What would be a good make and model for an beginning photographer? We had a nice pocket size one a few years back but it disappeared. I want to get a bigger one for her thats easy to use.
For sure, one with a lanyard attached so it doesn't disappear again!