Cameras in Feeder Equipment

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
One camera is facing foward looking out windshield, 1 lookng back at drivers from the passenger side "A" pillar and 2 watch down the sides of the trailer

OptimusPrime

That would be tampering which is a fireable offense. per the contract technology can not be used against you for descipline purposes, but technology can set you up for direct obersvation which you can be fired. Just leave the stuff alone.

Really? Interesting. I'm thinking about on Tuesdays doing a 1ft back at every stop just to see some management heads explode. "Ummm, WTF Optimus, we have you down at 165 backs, 150 being res!"

W

want to retire

Oh my.....Although, I have been wondering when something like this could happen. If you read accident reports(UPS or others), the speed, rpm's and lots of other stuff are examined(not just UPS but NTSB, ins. etc.). Tachographs(unlike p/c) were used in feeders for decades(prior to GPS tech). I will say this again: all you pkg/feeder folks that speed on a regular basis(with the Co. blessing-btw).....eventually it will bite you in the arse. Not only your job but liability. Imagine killing a bus full of kids........In a way(cutting both ways), this could be good news(recording devices). It (could) leave no doubt as to what happened(your word vs. theirs for example)(or perhaps,yes that woman did cut right in front of me shooting me the finger because I was going the SPEED LIMIT in a work zone.....). I can think of lots of scenarios where this is a good thing. OTOH- if you(we)(I) are not doing what you are supposed to be doing......maybe it's time to change your ways.....Start going the speed limit, leave that space cushion, be smooth. All you EAM jockeys and all the other pkg/feeder folks who think they are "beating the system or building favor with mgt." by speeding and all the rest..........that is all forgotten in a heartbeat.

W

want to retire

It is for the safety of feeder drivers- they just want to keep an eye on how many cheeseburgers and donuts are being consumed and try to help drivers eat more healthy.

I've seen PLENTY of pkg cars in front of McDonalds(not making deliveries). I never thought I would see 350lb. pkg drivers(and they're not 6'4"). Never thought I would see new pkg drivers gain weight, but sure see it alot. Some pretty unhealthy living going on at UPS....you know the lifestyle. As a person that has gained a quick forty from pkg to feeders, see what happens when you go from burning 5-7000 calories to trying to sleep whenever you can and all the other killer routine changes from days to nights.

Wiggle Wagon

My biggest question is, are the drivers being informed of the cameras? I think that it is only fair that they are given fair warning. Not that I agree with the cameras being installed or anything.

W

want to retire

My biggest question is, are the drivers being informed of the cameras? I think that it is only fair that they are given fair warning. Not that I agree with the cameras being installed or anything.

You would think so. I would imagine they are pretty obvious. It would be another story if they were concealed without your knowledge. I believe in the end(especially for feeders) they will help more than hurt. You are being watched, clocked and all the rest. We are just going to have to get used to a different routine.

over9five

Staff member
I don't care if they install cameras looking out the windshield or behind the tractor. It really bothers me that one would be aimed at me making a movie of me all day. That's too intrusive and warrants a grievance. The Union has to take a stand here.