Camping ! Anyone ?

klein

Für Meno :)
Yup, Stewie, that totally describes a bear very well !
Great story !

Btw, if possible, you're suppose to hang up your food on tree branches, so the Bears can't get to it (it's in our National Parks guide).
And never leave food in your tent !

klein

Oh yeah, this is neat - golfing in Jasper :

jasper-national-park-golfing-bears-1440x900.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Give it up! You are in a losing argument. Check with every animal expert in the world and see what they think about bears in the wild.

klein

Give it up! You are in a losing argument. Check with every animal expert in the world and see what they think about bears in the wild.

Well, go ahead, and shoot all yours !
We're keeping our friendly buddies.

See how cute the mommy bear is watching over her 2 cubs.
That's mother nature at it's best !

moreluck

golden ticket member

You just don't get it!! That mommy bear would chomp your skull and eat you brains........but look how cute!

klein

You just don't get it!! That mommy bear would chomp your skull and eat you brains........but look how cute!

If you threatend her cubs, forsure !
So, if you were on that golf course or in Jasper, you would just shoot it before it might or may not harm at all, right ?
Here you would go to jail for that and pay a very heavy fine on top of it, too.
Besides, you're not allowed to carry guns here, anyways. (except for hunting), which is not allowed in National or Provincial Parks, anyways.
Maybe Yellowstone Park allows hunting of animals, or shooting them down, but not here !

moreluck

golden ticket member
If you threatend her cubs, forsure !
So, if you were on that golf course or in Jasper, you would just shoot it before it might or may not harm at all, right ?
Here you would go to jail for that and pay a very heavy fine on top of it, too.
Besides, you're not allowed to carry guns here, anyways. (except for hunting), which is not allowed in National or Provincial Parks, anyways.
Maybe Yellowstone Park allows hunting of animals, or shooting them down, but not here !
We wold shoot to defend or own lives

And we don't just go around shooting them.......they get shot when they are attacking humans. We try to keep our distance because we know they are extremely dangerous even though Canadian bears aren't.(according to you)

klein

Stewie didn't feel threatend, he just felt hungry and thirsty after a bear invaded his beer and pies.
No biggie, that's part of a camping experience.
Happens to alot of us, even myself, but don't know who the culprit was - most likely a bear though.

Bears don't eat humans , or other animals, besides fish (salmon), but they do have a right to defend themselves , too, when they feel danger.
But they don't feel danger encountering a human, normally. It's only when they get surprised, and if it has cubs.
Never go near a mommy bear with cubs - that's a big NO NO !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Stewie didn't feel threatend, he just felt hungry and thirsty after a bear invaded his beer and pies.
No biggie, that's part of a camping experience.
Happens to alot of us, even myself, but don't know who the culprit was - most likely a bear though.

Bears don't eat humans , or other animals, besides fish (salmon), but they do have a right to defend themselves , too, when they feel danger.
But they don't feel danger encountering a human, normally. It's only when they get surprised, and if it has cubs.
Never go near a mommy bear with cubs - that's a big NO NO !

Tell this guy that bears don't eat humans......

You're right, maybe the bear didn't eat this chunk....maybe he spit it out. Your beer is getting warm!!

klein

There are more Pitbull maulings, that we consider as pets, then Bear maulings !
You are losing this battle , not me !

moreluck

golden ticket member
There are more Pitbull maulings, that we consider as pets, then Bear maulings !
You are losing this battle , not me !
Hate pitbulls !! Toddler was just killed last month in Henderson NV, grabbed by the head and shook to death by the family pet! Dog was always quiet.....I don't trust them at all.........and no matter what you say, bears in the wild are not our friends. Go catch one and keep it as a pet and we'll see who's right. You could be dead right!

klein

Both of our countries do get the odd orphan bears, mommy bear shot or ran over on the road.
images

Sad thing is, once we humans interfere and the Cubs become accustomed to humans - they only future life they have is either the Zoo or Circus.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Yup, Stewie, that totally describes a bear very well !
Great story !

Btw, if possible, you're suppose to hang up your food on tree branches, so the Bears can't get to it (it's in our National Parks guide).
And never leave food in your tent !

I am very familiar with hanging bear bags while camping in bear country .You put everything in food ,toothpaste,soap anything that smells.There is actually an art to it finding the right tree ,height,placement and technique to securing your cache.Displaying learned behavior bears have been known to smell food in an area stand on their hind legs and swat the air and bingo hitting and breaking the tie ropes a bag of goodies appear! You should also maticulousley clean your cook and eating wear and bury any scraps (very little when you are backpacking) in your cleaning sump away from your tent. Some places like shelters on the Appalachin trail there are ground metal lock boxes provided a little way from the shelter for food and smellables (deodorant is a no no).I have seen a black bear crunching on a squirrel just sitting there under a tree like he was eating a piece of fried chicken.Southern fried since it was Virginia LOL.

Last edited:

klein

I am very familiar with hanging bear bags while camping in bear country .You put everything in food ,toothpaste,soap anything that smells.There is actually an art to it finding the right tree ,height,placement and technique to securing your cache.Displaying learned behavior bears have been known to smell food in an area stand on their hind legs and swat the air and bingo hitting and breaking the tie ropes a bag of goodies appear!

Yup, here they are in training ! ;) LOL

images

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I live in surburban southern New Jersey near Philly the last place you would think to see a bear, but yup in this morning's paper two black bear sitings one in Medford NJ and one in Waterford NJ near the Wharton Tract or state forest home of the Jersey Devil. Probably heading to the boardwalk at the jersey shore for some carmel corn or waffles and ice cream LOL.

klein

I live in surburban southern New Jersey near Philly the last place you would think to see a bear, but yup in this morning's paper two black bear sitings one in Medford NJ and one in Waterford NJ near the Wharton Tract or state forest home of the Jersey Devil. Probably heading to the boardwalk at the jersey shore for some carmel corn or waffles and ice cream LOL.

They won't make it that far, as soon as they walk by a home or store, the owner or someone else will shoot them.