Can a driver asked to be moved off a route?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We have 7 or 8 drivers that are full time but don't have an area. The top 5 unassigned drivers can sign up to be bid cover. They sign up by seniority for the routes that are open each week. (drivers on vacation). They stay on the route they bid for that week. The other unassigned drivers get put where they fit.

gingerkat

Is this driver very opinionated with very few facts to back up his boasts? If so it sounds like your driver may be TOS.
No this youngster is pretty quiet and doesn't say much. I'm wondering if maybe he's just a little too slow. I've noticed that the regular driver is obviously going to be faster, but the new cover guy is fast too. I think where I live is almost last on the schedule and my little luv usually is in this area around 7:00/8:00pm, while the other guys are no later than 5:30. Could that be a factor?

That sucks! Everytime I get the nerve to ask him out, he's gone. grrrr

Hey guys thanks for entertaining a silly customer's question, when you have more pressing things going on. Seriously though, I do think you guys do a great job and I always try to request UPS. So bummed that Amazon is now using other sources, cuz with me knowing all UPS drivers they know where to leave my stuff when I'm not home, etc. But... I'll always keep water & snacks for my boys/girls in brown when they come to the door.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
No, casuals in my center are assigned to runs based on seniority and area knowledge. When I am on vacation it is not uncommon to have all 4 of the casuals who know my area to run it during that week. It's all based on the staffing needs for the week.

We have only 1 FT bid cover driver.

Casuals do not bid for work---they are assigned.
​And you are not even in my conference. The information you gave gingerkat is not accurate.

packageguy

We have 7 or 8 drivers that are full time but don't have an area. The top 5 unassigned drivers can sign up to be bid cover. They sign up by seniority for the routes that are open each week. (drivers on vacation). They stay on the route they bid for that week. The other unassigned drivers get put where they fit.

Our center does the same thing, works out really good.....

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The information I gave is accurate in my center.

Did you skip your polite pills today?
​It is accurate for your center. Gingerkat is not, nor am I in your center or for that matter even on the east coast. It tis not I that missed the meds today. You cannot give accurate info for an area that you are not even in. If the question was pertinent to your area, then I WOULD have stayed OUT of the question.