Can Anyone help- need quick answer 7:45AM 12/24/11

DorkHead

Report for work like instructed. I`m sure all pkg`s today will be classified as "exception" pkgs. File a grievance within 10 days. Might fly or might not, but it`s worth a shot.

UPSGUY72

Worked 5 1/2 hr today. Had 30 stops drove 101 miles all but 5 stops where on the blind. Was the second to last to punch out by about 30 sec.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
930 start. Left bld. @ 10:00. 52 stops_53 pieces_64miles_50%area knowledge. All but 2 stops del with sig and Clock out @ 12:45.

Cake.

Felt bad bout the 2 stops NI1 but couldn't get into Apt. building and 10 minutes couldn't get anyones attention.

Packmule

One guy I know makes it a policy to start drinking beer the instant he gets off the phone with the "you're off" status. They call back and ... too late.
P.S. off subject, but can anyone tell me how to post a new thread on here? Been so long I can't remember.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
930 start. Left bld. @ 10:00. 52 stops_53 pieces_64miles_50%area knowledge. All but 2 stops del with sig and Clock out @ 12:45.

Cake.

Felt bad bout the 2 stops NI1 but couldn't get into Apt. building and 10 minutes couldn't get anyones attention.

Did you go code 5, or are you wanting to get your 8 hr gurantee?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Worked 5 1/2 hr today. Had 30 stops drove 101 miles all but 5 stops where on the blind. Was the second to last to punch out by about 30 sec.

I heard a UPS truck drive by my house this morning (those Mercedes 4 cyl diesels make an unmistakeable sound) but I didnt feel like getting out of bed to see who was driving it.:happy2:

kingOFchester

I heard a UPS truck drive by my house this morning (those Mercedes 4 cyl diesels make an unmistakeable sound) but I didnt feel like getting out of bed to see who was driving it.:happy2:
Probably some physically and mentally tired......... broken down driver. Just a hunch.

rocket man

Christmas Eve I am on call: (even though I am 9th from the top in senority (26 years in). I called in, and was told to hold. While on hold I heard the supervisor say to "Joe" - "you got the day off". "Joe" is at least 10 people below me in senority if not more. So when the supervisor came back he said "your on." I said "what the hell? You just told Joe he has off, he's below me. The supervisor said "today has nothing to do with senority, its based on area knowledge, start time is 8AM" (30 minutes lafter) Is what he is saying true? And of course the union stewart is not answering phone. Anyone got an answer? Appreciate it.
26 years in ? and you have to ask a questio like this? you are the biggest brown noser , or a real jerk who never paid attention to any one but your self. figure out the answer for yourself.

AKCoverMan

I had 13.5 hours available on Friday.. had over 14 hours of work on the car. Working a 200 mile remote route north of Palmer, Alaska. Late start at 0945..and preload still not done did not leave the building until 1030. Didn't get on area until 1145. Broke a tire chain, spare wouldn't fit but I bungied it down and it held most of the day. Got most of it done and all of the "obvious" Christmas boxes delivered. Called it quits at 2145 so could get back to the center in 13 hours. Tire chain gave up about 1 minute away from the parking lot I was planning to unchain at for the highway run home. It wraped up inside the doolies and tore a piece of the wheel well down onto the tire. We were done.

Center sent flatbed from Anchorage so I sat in the car for 70 mins then rode in with the tow. Clocked out at 0035. Almost 15 hours. Over 60 for the week.. no DOT violations since I did not drive at the end but still I was not part of the Dec 24 plan!

Merry Christmas all.