Can Extra Work Be Taken To larger Centers when it should go to a smaller center

jtttntnt1

My center is about sixty miles away from whites creek nashville and we have had multiple times this week three trailers of work be taken directly to whites creek instead of our center to be sorted so is there any thing we can do about loss time because it not just us part timers who are loosing time there are feeder drivers who could be on the road also picking up and taking these trailers who are missing out on the work

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As Cach said is that this is normal efficiencies of operating. Since your center is so close, it probably has the same service map as Whites Creek so it makes no sense to process these trailers on your reload operation just to have them processed in another hub.

There is nothing you can do about this except tip your hat to management for not wasting money.

gorilla75jdw

We at the Whites Creek facility want to thank you guys for giving us your work and adding some money to our paychecks , no really , I do work there , but this has been going on for years , everywhere , we get shafted too .

menotyou

bella amicizia
We are so rural and have so much territory, they would have a very hard time doing that here. I think the only diverting I see is Surepost.

av8torntn

We at the Whites Creek facility want to thank you guys for giving us your work and adding some money to our paychecks , no really , I do work there , but this has been going on for years , everywhere , we get shafted too .

Exactly, It goes on everywhere. In oak haven they give much of our extra work to the extended centers while our drivers sit at home.

brown_trousers

There is no place where work "SHOULD" go. I don't think the NMA or supplementary contracts guarantee that one center owns certain volume over another center. That is in fact the nature of this business, in that the logistics of getting packages from one place to another will always be changing in order to stay efficient.

... But... I can sympathize with you, as I hate it when the big centers soak up our work (I come from a really small center also, about 30 employees total). It's nice to keep a little of the work at our small centers so us part-timers can at least get a little of the "good" work.

barnyard

KTM rider
Happens here also. Not an entirely bad thing either. We have had fairly high seniority feeders bump into our building during the annual feeder bid because there was not enough work at the hub to keep their run in.

I would rather have the work taken away, knowing that it could come back when conditions improve vs having another driver in my center with more seniority than me.