Can hall hold the fort without Hoffa Jr?

Ron Carey lives on

hall goes along to get along. Look for him to reach out to reformers, try to spin the ups debacle. Remember he was Carey's number 2, then hoffa reached out and made him small package division then Secretary Treasurer. Hall definitely doesn't have the PR team of hoffa. Its time for a fresh face to rejuvenate the members

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

All I can say, is if anyone votes for either Hoffa or Hall they should have their head examined. No matter where you stood on the health care issue, once Hoffa took members rights to vote on their local supplements away. It should be a no brainer for anyone who respects the rights of others to vote on their local supplements.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
The members did vote on their local supplements---at what point do you say enough is enough and impose the contract?

Resident know-it-all.

Secretly amending the IBT constitution during an International E-Board meeting in order to implement the contracts was shamelessly crooked.

The hold out locals were likely voting down the contract based on language in the NMA but secretly changing the rules and then ramming through the supplements harkens back to the Frank Fitzsimmons/Jackie Presser days.

Irishman Collins

The members did vote on their local supplements---at what point do you say enough is enough and impose the contract?

Resident know-it-all.
Listen to your words " impose the contract", doesn't it bother you that they had to "impose" the contract? Did you ever think you would have to say those words when talking about a collective bargaining agreement? Doesn't this situation resemble third world countries claiming they have a democracy and allowing their citizens to vote, elect a candidate and then turn around and " impose" a candidate of the government's choice? If this situation doesn't bother you then I suggest you write Hoffa and Hall a letter stating that you are ok with any decision said parties impose on you and then take a big swig of that koolaid!! You have got to be kidding me?

Sent using BrownCafe App

There are over 1 million other teamster that don't work for UPS. Most of them don't think to highly of ups or upsers not do they care what happened with out contract. They think we are spoiled and fat. Ask around at your next monthly meeting how bad they feel for us?

Irishman Collins

There are over 1 million other teamster that don't work for UPS. Most of them don't think to highly of ups or upsers not do they care what happened with out contract. They think we are spoiled and fat. Ask around at your next monthly meeting how bad they feel for us?
The only people that think we are spoiled and fat are our current Union officials!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Ask YRC, ABF and UPS Freight how they've gotten it in the last 5 years. Ask them if their sticking with the same.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Resident know-it-all.
You don't just impose the supplements or riders that were not settled. You continue to negotiate until a settlement is reached. I had other people vote me into Teamcare. Why is that fair?

Buster would have given in to the ones that were not settled if Hoffa didn't "impose" them. I would still be in my current health plan and would be much better off.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

When ups members actually vote, they can swing a national election, 91 and 96. But will they? To many people just trow there ballots in the trash and complain later.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Listen to your words " impose the contract", doesn't it bother you that they had to "impose" the contract? Did you ever think you would have to say those words when talking about a collective bargaining agreement? Doesn't this situation resemble third world countries claiming they have a democracy and allowing their citizens to vote, elect a candidate and then turn around and " impose" a candidate of the government's choice? If this situation doesn't bother you then I suggest you write Hoffa and Hall a letter stating that you are ok with any decision said parties impose on you and then take a big swig of that koolaid!! You have got to be kidding me?

Did it bother me? No because the members thought that if they continued to vote "no" that they would be able to keep their healthcare, which was never an option in the first place. The IBT has to work for all of their members and they did the right thing by imposing the contract.

Ask YRC, ABF and UPS Freight how they've gotten it in the last 5 years. Ask them if their sticking with the same.
I'm not going to get into a debate. Those companies you mentioned were poorly run business models. That coupled with a glut of non union competition. Wake up to these factories so you can look a little more informed.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Did it bother me? No because the members thought that if they continued to vote "no" that they would be able to keep their healthcare, which was never an option in the first place. The IBT has to work for all of their members and they did the right thing by imposing the contract.
That is for sure not what was going on in Louisville.
I know, because I went there.
We don't all live in Mayberry.