Can HR force us to communicate through email only?

Phughes2

I have been a package handler for 4 and a half years and am going through the process to become a driver.

First of all our HR lady left a note that said “email me at ******** if you signed the bid sheet for package car cover driver”.

I emailed her then all she replied back with was “fill out the application”

I did that and about a week later received my road test which I passed.
I just got my DOT physical done as well.

The supervisor that gave me the road test called me yesterday to tell me to email her a MVR so I did so within 2 hrs and I just saw she emailed me back like 4 hrs later that I never brought a MVR so they made me ineligible. WTF is going on and why is everything going through an email?

I’ve done everything asked of me.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
best Bollywood Memes (19).jpg

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I have been a package handler for 4 and a half years and am going through the process to become a driver.

First of all our HR lady left a note that said “email me at ******** if you signed the bid sheet for package car cover driver”.

The supervisor that gave me the road test called me yesterday to tell me to email her a MVR so I did so within 2 hrs and I just saw she emailed me back like 4 hrs later that I never brought a MVR so they made me ineligible. WTF is going on and why is everything going through an email?

Email the union.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
show me the line in the contract that says you must maintain an email address in order to bid work, or any other purpose. even PUNCHING IN.

file as many grievances you can think of on this matter. even if there is no outlined penalty. no i dont know what to file on. but this has to be nipped in the bud now.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

All of your communications are through Email ?

show me the line in the contract that says you must maintain an email address in order to bid work

It doesn't.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
The OP is asking why more things haven’t been in person. Do you really not see a correlation between in-person and switching to more of a virtual way of doing things after the whole country was locked down, and after? Do you need a bigger sign?
Are you talking about the sniffles virus that governments are using to control people?

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Are you talking about the sniffles virus that governments are using to control people?
I did not bring opinion into my post, or even any type of politics. I simply asked the OP if they are aware of a worldwide pandemic.

Let me guess, you drive a truck that’s lifted 8 inches with monster tires to compensate for something else that is tiny located in your pants.
Also you have a confederate flag in the back with the matching MAGA flying high with it; while screaming “All Lives Matter” and praising the Proud Boys for their service. Good for you my guy.

Box Ox

I did not bring opinion into my post, or even any type of politics. I simply asked the OP if they are aware of a worldwide pandemic.

Let me guess, you drive a truck that’s lifted 8 inches with monster tires to compensate for something else that is tiny located in your pants.
Also you have a confederate flag in the back with the matching MAGA flying high with it; while screaming “All Lives Matter” and praising the Proud Boys for their service. Good for you my guy.

You're probably right about @Maple Grove MN Driver . And I don't agree with his Trumpanzee view on the virus. But as a left-leaning moderate idiot who typically frequents Current Events I'd like to humbly give my own viewpoint on this.

Which is, anyone who's still concerned about COVID is free to get the highly effective vaccine as I did. And I'd hope private companies would be more forward-thinking about the virus than a federal government that won't give the all-clear to remove the masks and move on with our lives until it's no longer politically expedient to not do so.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

99.992% of fully vaccinated people have dodged COVID, CDC data shows

"Cases of COVID-19 are extremely rare among people who are fully vaccinated, according to a new data analysis by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Among more than 75 million fully vaccinated people in the US, just around 5,800 people reported a “breakthrough” infection, in which they became infected with the pandemic coronavirus despite being fully vaccinated.

The numbers suggest that breakthroughs occur at the teeny rate of less than 0.008 percent of fully vaccinated people—and that over 99.992 percent of those vaccinated have not contracted a SARS-CoV-2 infection."

35years

Gravy route
You're probably right about @Maple Grove MN Driver . And I don't agree with his Trumpanzee view on the virus. But as a left-leaning moderate idiot who typically frequents Current Events I'd like to humbly give my own viewpoint on this.

Which is, anyone who's still concerned about COVID is free to get the highly effective vaccine as I did. And I'd hope private companies would be more forward-thinking about the virus than a federal government that won't give the all-clear to remove the masks and move on with our lives until it's no longer politically expedient to not do so.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

99.992% of fully vaccinated people have dodged COVID, CDC data shows

"Cases of COVID-19 are extremely rare among people who are fully vaccinated, according to a new data analysis by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Among more than 75 million fully vaccinated people in the US, just around 5,800 people reported a “breakthrough” infection, in which they became infected with the pandemic coronavirus despite being fully vaccinated. How many will get it over a year?

The numbers suggest that breakthroughs occur at the teeny rate of less than 0.008 percent of fully vaccinated people—and that over 99.992 percent of those vaccinated have not contracted a SARS-CoV-2 infection."
Ok, I am not against vaccination. I have been vaccinated.

But the stats you quote are outdated and misleading.

Outdated:75 million were fully vaccinated by April 12th.
Over 100 million now.

Misleading: When 75 million were fully vaccinated 5,800 of these got the virus. But understand none of the 75 million had been vaccinated 3 months earlier, yet 5,800 vaccinated patients developed Covid in 3 months.

A more revealing stat would be what % of fully vaccinated develop the virus within the following 3 months or year... compared to % of unvaccinated getting it in the same time period.

The CDC has been misleading throughout the entire pandemic...remember these words of wisdom?
-virus is not transmitted airborne, only through large droplets limited to 6 feet from infected person.
-masks don't work, masks do work, masks kind if work but only N95 which you cannot buy, but wear a non-effctive mask anyway.

It is time the scientists start acting like scientists.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

I am Black
So basically everything you said is racist