Can I be made to punch back in?

Braman55

I delivered my route and came back in, punched out and was waiting on my ride when center manager told me to punch back in and go help someone. She said I would get an intent for failure to follow instruction if I didn't. I scoured the contract and can't find anything on it. I'm in the southern region. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I delivered my route and came back in, punched out and was waiting on my ride when center manager told me to punch back in and go help someone. She said I would get an intent for failure to follow instruction if I didn't. I scoured the contract and can't find anything on it. I'm in the southern region. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I've never ran into that problem. They have asked people to go back out but never forced anyone.

jaker

trolling
I always played it different , if I was just punching out or still on property I would

If I was in my car driving away or off the property then no

Braman55

Steward said work as instructed even though I was off the clock. A buddy said the steward was in that loop and he would have had to if I didn't.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Steward said work as instructed even though I was off the clock. A buddy said the steward was in that loop and he would have had to if I didn't.
Punched out means off the clock so the whole working as directed kinda goes out the window. What you should have done was tell the center manager no. What you need to do is get with your BA and talk to them.

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't know about the Southern but in the Central once you return to the building (not even clocked out) you can't be forced to go back out. Unless you were told before you get back to the building that you would have to go back out then you do have to do it.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
If you weren't on ups property and off the clock, nope. They could not instruct you at all. You're on your time in a public place.

She could try all she wanted but a decent BA would have her in the wrong.

Braman55

I did it. I called steward and he said do it...so I did it. Not to start another thread, but he is a pretty shady steward. Not a very likable person either. I wish there was something in the contract. But I can't find anything on it.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
depends on your supplement, a easy out is your extremely fatigued after working all day and you are worried about your safety and the public's

Braman55

All those things sound good. But my job was threatened so I did it. The steward is in bed with her and they've ran schemes and gotten rid of other drivers. He's off the clock everyday at 4pm. If I new there was language I could protect myself. But I've gone through that precious black book three times this weekend and can't find anything.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
All those things sound good. But my job was threatened so I did it. The steward is in bed with her and they've ran schemes and gotten rid of other drivers. He's off the clock everyday at 4pm. If I new there was language I could protect myself. But I've gone through that precious black book three times this weekend and can't find anything.
Most stewards are