Can I be promoted to PC driver if I have one point on my driving record?

Scuderia

I forgot to finish my traffic school on time; I still finished it late, but in futile probably. If the court decides to put a point on my driving record will that automatically disqualify me from being a PC driver? FYI I live in California, and the offense was passing a slow moving vehicle on a center lane; was late to work.

old levi's

blank space
I forgot to finish my traffic school on time; I still finished it late, but in futile probably. If the court decides to put a point on my driving record will that automatically disqualify me from being a PC driver? FYI I live in California, and the offense was passing a slow moving vehicle on a center lane; was late to work.

You will be running late many times as a UPS driver / Will that cause you to use poor judgement with your driving?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You will be running late many times as a UPS driver / Will that cause you to use poor judgement with your driving?

I think that's different since I would already be at work as opposed to getting to work.

Uh, you do realize that if you are promoted that you will be driving for a living, don't you?

FJ posed a fair question which you deftly avoided.

Answer the question---if you are running late can you make up time behind the wheel?

Scuderia

Uh, you do realize that if you are promoted that you will be driving for a living, don't you?

FJ posed a fair question which you deftly avoided.

Answer the question---if you are running late can you make up time behind the wheel?

Yes I can, and legally too. I don't know why I chose to pass this idiot doing 25 under the speed limit, in a single lane road. I should've just waited for the left turn lane and gotten on the main Blvd. The only reason I take this one lane street to work is to avoid a reliably jammed intersection/highway on-ramp. Usually I turn right into this single lane street, which curves left and runs parallel to the street I was on, then I turn left from this single lane street back onto the street I was originally on, and continue on my way to work.

On the other hand, if by "making up time behind the wheel" you mean: Getting deliveries/pickups done quickly. Well, I can do that too. I have a very good sense of direction, and I am physically fit. I've lost about 100 lbs since 2010. And just now started to take up road cycling. I'm up to 100 miles per week. Also, I take very good care of my core. Since my back injury, I do my core strengthening exercises and stretches, and it's never been a problem again (knock on wood).

Now you answer my original question. Can you get promoted if you have a point on your license? Or at least you must know of other drivers who've gotten tickets. What happened to them? Did they get fired?

2Slow

Fired for a minor ticket in your personal vehicle, no. Not hired in the first place, maybe. Depends on the offense, the contract in your area, and just how badly they need drivers. Asking the BA is good advice, also the delivery steward.

barnyard

KTM rider
In our area, any moving violation in a year disqualifies you. Even if you had gone to traffic court, if it was still on your record, DQ.

iruhnman630

The qualifications are on the intent sheet which you should have signed.

I'm not exactly sure, but I believe it is no more than 2 points currently on your record and 5 over the last three years and no dui's in 7 years.

RedThunder

The qualifications are on the intent sheet which you should have signed.

I'm not exactly sure, but I believe it is no more than 2 points currently on your record and 5 over the last three years and no dui's in 7 years.

This is what it used to be in my area. However, they just put up a bid list for a feeder qualifying school and the requirements were more strict. Clean record, no point is the last 12 months, no chargeable accidents(at UPS) in the last 18 months, and the most harsh change, no DUI DWI in ANY period. Seems to me that should be something negotiated in the contract. I've never had a DUI but a lot of people have. Permanently DQ someone who has one is really strict. If that holds true for package drivers tons of part-timers should just quit now.

rod

Retired 22 years

late for traffic school
late for work

I see a patten developing here. Have your mother yell down the basement steps to wake you up 15 minutes earlier next time.

rocket man

hey dippie driving school is option you go no points to drivers lic or if you go to court plead no contest you dont get points you pay a court fee and with the money you save from the ticket by a alarm clock

barnyard

KTM rider
This is what it used to be in my area. However, they just put up a bid list for a feeder qualifying school and the requirements were more strict. Clean record, no point is the last 12 months, no chargeable accidents(at UPS) in the last 18 months, and the most harsh change, no DUI DWI in ANY period. Seems to me that should be something negotiated in the contract. I've never had a DUI but a lot of people have. Permanently DQ someone who has one is really strict. If that holds true for package drivers tons of part-timers should just quit now.

Actually, driver qualification is something I DO NOT want negotiated in the contract. UPS pays the insurance for their drivers and if they do not want feeder drivers that have had DUIs, that is their financial decision to make. I do not want smaller H & W contributions or smaller raises so that someone with a DUI can sign a feeder bid.

Plus, many folks that get 1 DUI, get a 2nd. Once a person gets a CDL, ANY drinking and driving conviction disqualifies that person from ever having a CDL again (Federal law.) Why would UPS want to train someone to get a CDL when the stats say that they could very well lose it????

menotyou

bella amicizia
Get a speeding ticket on the NY thruway, and who knew the cop gives you the reduction on the side of the road- like a lawyer you didn't pay for.