Can I become a Seasonal Driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by robupstx, Sep 22, 2017.

1. robupstx

robupstx New Member

I'm a PT Sup and I know that I can't go from management to union work with the exception of driving. Does this mean I can bid for a seasonal driving position? If so what is the process and if not why?

2. You have to be in the union to bid.

Maybe @FrigidFTSup can help you

3. cosmo1

cosmo1 Now, a low life jack wagon, and still loving it. Staff Member

Why?

Regret?

4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

sorry-a.jpg

5. robupstx

robupstx New Member

Joined the company to move up to driver and then pilot once i finish school, just hoping to help the cause.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescil Vulnere Virtus

You definitely need to talk to @FrigidFTSup. He has a pilot's license.

7. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Job sucks that bad?

8. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

Would have to be as an outside hire I believe. You gotta look where there at in the 6 to 1 hiring.

9. robupstx

robupstx New Member

Nothing wrong with the job, just want to drive.

10. LeadBelly

LeadBelly Banned

One of our buildings within our locals jurisdiction used to hire part time supervisors as the off the street hire. Then a chain of events happened. First three straight wouldn’t go back to full time management. Then one had a tier 3 intersection accidents that was his fault. He was allowed to qualify anyway and turned into the slowest driver this side of the Mississippi. Then two more were hired, and they would cross back over either. Then another one made it, then went back into management. Five months in he got a DUI, never reported it, and when MVR came due he got found out. He was promptly dismissed from the firm. Now there is a district wide black balling of any part time supervisors from going driving. I think it’s logistics!!!!

11. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I didn't know you were a sup.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  12. LeadBelly

LeadBelly Banned

Lol, he’s the second slowest!!!!:)

13. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Come down to my Hub, we are hiring seasonal drivers off the street. We can't get part-timers to drive. Our average wait for part-timers that can even qualify to bid full-time is about six months right now.

14. Brisket

Brisket Active Member

Damn, crazy that's it so different everywhere.

15. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Guess you shouldn't have taken that dollar an hour raise to cross over to the dark side, huh?

16. LeadBelly

LeadBelly Banned

Same here

17. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

During the winter seasonal free period they can use supervisors as seasonal package drivers. They can also hire supervisors as permanent drivers as an outside hire. We have former supervisors in feeders that were hired as an outside hire.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  18. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

This Summer we had two PT sups drive package cars. One was kept on permanent and the other was sent back to PT sup after Labor Day. Previous to this year I had not seen a PT sup drive for years.