Can I become a Seasonal Driver

robupstx

I'm a PT Sup and I know that I can't go from management to union work with the exception of driving. Does this mean I can bid for a seasonal driving position? If so what is the process and if not why?

oldngray

nowhere special
sorry-a.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm a PT Sup and I know that I can't go from management to union work with the exception of driving. Does this mean I can bid for a seasonal driving position? If so what is the process and if not why?
Job sucks that bad?

DOK

Would have to be as an outside hire I believe. You gotta look where there at in the 6 to 1 hiring.

LeadBelly

Banned
One of our buildings within our locals jurisdiction used to hire part time supervisors as the off the street hire. Then a chain of events happened. First three straight wouldn’t go back to full time management. Then one had a tier 3 intersection accidents that was his fault. He was allowed to qualify anyway and turned into the slowest driver this side of the Mississippi. Then two more were hired, and they would cross back over either. Then another one made it, then went back into management. Five months in he got a DUI, never reported it, and when MVR came due he got found out. He was promptly dismissed from the firm. Now there is a district wide black balling of any part time supervisors from going driving. I think it’s logistics!!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
One of our buildings within our locals jurisdiction used to hire part time supervisors as the off the street hire. Then a chain of events happened. First three straight wouldn’t go back to full time management. Then one had a tier 3 intersection accidents that was his fault. He was allowed to qualify anyway and turned into the slowest driver this side of the Mississippi. Then two more were hired, and they would cross back over either. Then another one made it, then went back into management. Five months in he got a DUI, never reported it, and when MVR came due he got found out. He was promptly dismissed from the firm. Now there is a district wide black balling of any part time supervisors from going driving. I think it’s logistics!!!!
I didn't know you were a sup.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Come down to my Hub, we are hiring seasonal drivers off the street. We can't get part-timers to drive. Our average wait for part-timers that can even qualify to bid full-time is about six months right now.

Brisket

Come down to my Hub, we are hiring seasonal drivers off the street. We can't get part-timers to drive. Our average wait for part-timers that can even qualify to bid full-time is about six months right now.
Damn, crazy that's it so different everywhere.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
During the winter seasonal free period they can use supervisors as seasonal package drivers. They can also hire supervisors as permanent drivers as an outside hire. We have former supervisors in feeders that were hired as an outside hire.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

During the winter seasonal free period they can use supervisors as seasonal package drivers. They can also hire supervisors as permanent drivers as an outside hire. We have former supervisors in feeders that were hired as an outside hire
This Summer we had two PT sups drive package cars. One was kept on permanent and the other was sent back to PT sup after Labor Day. Previous to this year I had not seen a PT sup drive for years.