Can I buy a uniform online through upsers.com or somewhere?

Upsee

Hi there, just wanted to ask a quick question. My center keeps ordering wrong size uniforms for me and I want to buy my own instead of walking around like a bumm with oversized missmatched uniform. I am seasonal, and I will be done in January besides wanting to look good it's a principle thing. I want a unoform that fits.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Do like some drivers golf cart guys, wear it until you think no one is looking, then wear basketball shorts, backwards cap, and your favorite team jersey. Just make sure the driver that you're trying to avoid seeing isn't delivering the air in the neighborhood that your golf cart is before 10:30.

Hopefully he doesn't care as his approach to helpers is hands off as you should be managed by management and on top of that taking work for a real driver.

T

Turdferguson

Hi there, just wanted to ask a quick question. My center keeps ordering wrong size uniforms for me and I want to buy my own instead of walking around like a bumm with oversized missmatched uniform. I am seasonal, and I will be done in
January besides wanting to look good it's a principle thing. I want a unoform that fits.
Yes

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Hi there, just wanted to ask a quick question. My center keeps ordering wrong size uniforms for me and I want to buy my own instead of walking around like a bumm with oversized missmatched uniform. I am seasonal, and I will be done in January besides wanting to look good it's a principle thing. I want a unoform that fits.

UPS will not allow you to buy uniforms period.
It's actually a controlled item and must be given back before leaving employment.
You should come talk to the people in the office when you get back to the building and ask if they can order you a different size.

HardknocksUPSer

Do like some drivers golf cart guys, wear it until you think no one is looking, then wear basketball shorts, backwards cap, and your favorite team jersey. Just make sure the driver that you're trying to avoid seeing isn't delivering the air in the neighborhood that your golf cart is before 10:30.

Hopefully he doesn't care as his approach to helpers is hands off as you should be managed by management and on top of that taking work for a real driver.
Haha that's great

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I am seasonal, and I will be done in January besides wanting to look good it's a principle thing. I want a unoform that fits.

It's difficult for us, full time employees who deal with customers EVERY DAY to get correct fitting uniforms, by the time you would be due to receive your ordered uniforms you'd cease to work here.

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS will not allow you to buy uniforms period.
It's actually a controlled item and must be given back before leaving employment.
You should come talk to the people in the office when you get back to the building and ask if they can order you a different size.

When I retired I burned about a dozen pairs of pants, 20 shirts, a half a dozen pairs of shorts and a dozen pairs of socks in my retirement party bon-fire. You should have been there. P.S. I tried to turn the pants in to the center manager but he said "What the hell am I suppose to do with those".

When I retired I burned about a dozen pairs of pants, 20 shirts, a half a dozen pairs of shorts and a dozen pairs of socks in my retirement party bon-fire. You should have been there. P.S. I tried to turn the pants in to the center manager but he said "What the hell am I suppose to do with those".
When that day comes, I will save my uniforms. So I can be a helper!

NOT!

Upsee

It's difficult for us, full time employees who deal with customers EVERY DAY to get correct fitting uniforms, by the time you would be due to receive your ordered uniforms you'd cease to work here.

Thank you, I just wondered. Also for example, are we supposed to get paid for Thanksgiving? Being that we are seasonal workers. I got the paycheck tonight for last week and it doesn't look I got paid for it, It's a zoo at my center I would hate complaining or asking I feel like it will diminish my chances of staying after peak. I am staying under the radar that's why I am asking the question here.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Did he take the socks though ?? lol
I was speaking in generalities, drivers with 15,20,30 years will most definitely have extra uniform parts laying around.
New seasonals on the other hand don't have enough items to "lose" some in the closet :happy:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep my old pants get worn for work around the house and the shirts get cut into rags.

Upsee

Did he take the socks though ?? lol
I was speaking in generalities, drivers with 15,20,30 years will most definitely have extra uniform parts laying around.
New seasonals on the other hand don't have enough items to "lose" some in the closet :happy:
I undid the disagree rating on your post, sorry if that hurt your feeling compadre i was certain that I could buy uniforms through upsers.com since I can log on to it as employee. I understand what you are trying to say how you are supposed to turn in the uniforms but at my center they have no idea what they gave me and there is a big pile of stuff in one office and everybody takes what they want without any control so it's not so controlled of an item.. I want to thank everybody for their reply and advice..

oldngray

nowhere special
Back when UPS drivers were allowed to buy optional uniform variations from a catalog I refused to do so. I always wore the free crap that was issued and when it wore out had them order me more free crap. The people who did buy those optional uniforms later got screwed and were told they could no longer wear them.

Upsee

Why in the hell would you offer to pay for uniforms?
I am washing the same pair of pants and one shirt every night and if they order the wrong size for me twice I can't help but feel insignificant. To feel better I would buy the uniform, I am not here for holiday cash either.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I am washing the same pair of pants and one shirt every night and if they order the wrong size for me twice I can't help but feel insignificant. To feel better I would buy the uniform, I am not here for holiday cash either.
You're only here for the holiday that I'm 99.99% sure of. Come January 15 adios.