can i get fired!!??!?!?!

upser2004

ok so i apparently had prescription drugs in my truck today and didn't know it. Another driver txt me while I'm at home and says that our center manager pulled a box with drugs in it off my truck.....i had no idea it was there but what can i expect to happen to me in the morning???

upser2004

there was a box on my truck today that apparently had meds in it.....customer wasn't home so NI1........i drive in the hood so i didn't NI1 because i knew it was meds, its just a bad area and the customer had 3 boxes and i didn't want them to get stolen.......center manager goes through my truck after i punch out and go home and apparently one of the 3 boxes for the house was meds......friend txt me and tells me what happened.....my best guess is tomorrow I'm going to come in and be called to the office with the package sitting there....i didn't know it was meds and i don't know what they can do to me for it.

AKupser

Ice Queen (Elsa)
1) Are they your drugs, your name on bottle?
2) Who's name is on it? Cover driver, another driver?
3) What kind of meds??? Antibiotics or something that will impede your driving ability???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

there was a box on my truck today that apparently had meds in it.....customer wasn't home so NI1........i drive in the hood so i didn't NI1 because i knew it was meds, its just a bad area and the customer had 3 boxes and i didn't want them to get stolen.......center manager goes through my truck after i punch out and go home and apparently one of the 3 boxes for the house was meds......friend txt me and tells me what happened.....my best guess is tomorrow I'm going to come in and be called to the office with the package sitting there....i didn't know it was meds and i don't know what they can do to me for it.

OK, this helped a little, but not much.

First you say that the customer wasn't home so you sheeted the packages as NI1. Then you say that because you "drive in the hood" you didn't sheet the packages as NI1 because you knew it was meds and didn't want them to get stolen. Finally you say that you didn't know it was meds.

Your center manager did a check-in audit on your package car specifically looking for those 3 pkgs which tells me that he suspects you did not sheet them at the delivery location. The contents of the pkg is irrelevant. The customer may have also called in a concern saying that they were home when you made the delivery attempt. Telematics will show where you were when you sheeted the pkgs.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
OK, this helped a little, but not much.

First you say that the customer wasn't home so you sheeted the packages as NI1. Then you say that because you "drive in the hood" you didn't sheet the packages as NI1 because you knew it was meds and didn't want them to get stolen. Finally you say that you didn't know it was meds.

Your center manager did a check-in audit on your package car specifically looking for those 3 pkgs which tells me that he suspects you did not sheet them at the delivery location. The contents of the pkg is irrelevant. The customer may have also called in a concern saying that they were home when you made the delivery attempt. Telematics will show where you were when you sheeted the pkgs.

The contents of the package are very relevant. If he had to sign for it, it was a high-value/controlled package.

He's probably going to get chewed on a little and told not to let it happen again.

IlllIIllIIlllIllIIIlIlIlI

If your center has a procedure to treat prescription drugs as high value and take them to a clerk/sup, you may be disciplined. Otherwise I'm not sure what you did wrong. you NI'd a package that you felt wasn't safe to DR and it made it back to the building. No idea what you did wrong there.
The costumer may have called in too late to get a same day will call, but was belligerent enough to get your center manager to dig the package out of your car.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
It sounds like he had the package set aside but not sheeted giving the impression that perhaps he was going to do something illegal with it. Just my feeling could be way off base.

PT Car Washer

The way I read it is he didn't think it was a safe DR and he left them on the truck to reattempt the next day. We are required to pull all of our send agains so they can be rePALed the next day. If this is all there is to it you should be Okay.