can i get my job back

ldl

i was pulled in for a drug test, reasonable suspicion as a preloader, a supervisor said i smelled of week. I did not refuse the test, it would have been positive. i was given the option to resign rather than be terminated. I resigned. I would like to reverse that and go to rehab if possible and go through the company's follow up program if there is such a thing. i am not sure if that is possible.

bumped

i was pulled in for a drug test, reasonable suspicion as a preloader, a supervisor said i smelled of week. I did not refuse the test, it would have been positive. i was given the option to resign rather than be terminated. I resigned. I would like to reverse that and go to rehab if possible and go through the company's follow up program if there is such a thing. i am not sure if that is possible.

Did you have a steward with you?

Rack em

Made the Podium
Did you have a steward with you?
This is key! If no steward was there then it's like your resignation never happened.

It sounds like they bullied you into quitting. My guess is they have a reason to want to get rid of you other than the drugs. So they took their shot and it worked.

You should have admitted you had a problem and got enrolled in a drug program.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What’cha On ?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Are you going to rehab to get off drugs or to get your job back?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
This is key! If no steward was there then it's like your resignation never happened.

UPS needed to make sure a Steward was there. If there were no Stewards available, they needed to have another hourly there to "represent" him.

This technicality could get him his job back.

This only works if you ask for rehab BEFORE you get tested.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

Nope.

UPS only has to allow you to go to rehab for a positive random test.

Post accident and reasonable cause has no stipulation for rehab, before or after the test.

Although, for reasonable cause, UPS and the Union could agree to a lesser penalty other than discharge.

They don't have to, but it is contractually viable.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
And I just got inboxed from a member who knows someone this happened to, so apparently I am wrong!
Still, he was out 9 months, ouch...
giphy (23).gif