can i go from warehouse to feeders?

drepop

ive been working at the warehouse for 11 years. went package cart once and will be going again. I hated it!

I'm a very fast worker and was fast when I did package car but I still didn't make the cut because I couldn't scratch. I got hired during peak season and my truck was too filled up and I had trouble early in the day delivering on time.

well I'm going again soon. passed my first road test and am headed to orientation. I don't want to go through with it again but I have to in order to get to feeders which I'm told can take another 10 years.

my question is do I have to do package before feeders? or is there a way to go from warehouse to feeders? I was told there was a way but management tells me there is no other way. seems like an inside thing.

I have my cdl but they said it doesn't matter. all help and responses appreciated. I'm tired of working in the warehouse and my body is starting to break down. package was easier on my body but not my mind. I just want to drive feeders. I don't want to be miserable doing package car for 10 years before feeders. but seems like I have to. first I have to land the job ofcourse.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Sucks it’s a ten year wait. We have drivers in progression going out to feeders, for the past five years here.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Eat it
giphy.gif

PT Car Washer

Back in the day.

In my Local, once they exhaust the list from pkg car drivers "others" have

a chance before the company hires off the street.

-Bug-
If they meet the same qualifications as an off the street hire. And you would start over as a new hire. The Union protects Feeder jobs at my Hub.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

raceanoncr

Back in the day.

In my Local, once they exhaust the list from pkg car drivers "others" have

a chance before the company hires off the street.

-Bug-

Was same here.

There was quite a period of time when NO friend/T package drivers wanted feeders. Lots of P/Ters were then taken.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
my brother in law went right into feeder from full time preload. he never drove a package car. after i bid on a clerk job from preload i was still on the feeder list and was asked as well a few years after he went.