Can I notify a union stewart??

UPyourS

I was hired last year Aug2015 and I started driving that year peak season. After peak season I went back to preload then started my 30 day driving in May2016 I got DQ'D for a minor accident.

They always told me they loved my pace and loved my work ethic then a driver sup pulled me to the side and told me since they know how I work I just need to give them a good 30 days during peak season and they would keep me driving....but yesterday they basically told me otherwise. Stated Nov & Dec doesn't count and I would be reporting back to preload after peak.

What should I do in this situation? Because it's getting frustrating.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
They enjoy stringing people along .
I knew of a driver who got fired 5 times and quit twice before he was allowed to make book.

Get used to it .
It's the way the game is played .
Now every time a sign up sheet is posted , sign it.
Even if you don't have a chance at getting it or if you don't want it.

UPyourS

They enjoy stringing people along .
I knew of a driver who got fired 5 times and quit twice before he was allowed to make book.

Get used to it .
It's the way the game is played .
Now every time a sign up sheet is posted , sign it.
Even if you don't have a chance at getting it or if you don't want it.
What sign up sheet? You talking about the one to become a driver?

Brisket

I was hired last year Aug2015 and I started driving that year peak season. After peak season I went back to preload then started my 30 day driving in May2016 I got DQ'D for a minor accident.

They always told me they loved my pace and loved my work ethic then a driver sup pulled me to the side and told me since they know how I work I just need to give them a good 30 days during peak season and they would keep me driving....but yesterday they basically told me otherwise. Stated Nov & Dec doesn't count and I would be reporting back to preload after peak.

Sucks but that's the game you signed up for when you had to agree to 'Seasonal' employment and should have agreed to it when completing your app.

Just hold on it gets better....
IMG_4481.JPG

Babagounj

Strength through joy
What sign up sheet? You talking about the one to become a driver?
Depending on your location sign up sheets appear when there is a job to be filled .
In my old location , many old timers left right after peak . Thus jobs became available to be posted . And there was a trickled down effect , example; a combo became a driver thus they now had to fill the combo job and so on .

UPyourS

Depending on your location sign up sheets appear when there is a job to be filled .
In my old location , many old timers left right after peak . Thus jobs became available to be posted . And there was a trickled down effect , example; a combo became a driver thus they now had to fill the combo job and so on .
Yea I see the bid sheets all the time...I'll do that when I go back Tuesday. Thanks for the input.

40 and out

And they lied to you. Surprise,surprise. Peak driving earns you nothing. You will have to go back to preload until your senority gets you another chance to drive.

Box Ox

Take a shot at getting your 30 in next summer. Won't bump you into FT but you will skip probation and red circle at your temp rate if/when you win a FT bid.