Can I Refuse to Go "Help"?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Driving back or already being at the building doesn't equate to home base at my hub. They'd still expect you to turn around or go back out to take 10-30 stops off.

Central Region Supplement.

Section 6

"Drivers shall not be disciplined for refusing to go back out on the street once they have returned to the building, after having completed their full day’s work."

Whither

Scofflaw
Driving back or already being at the building doesn't equate to home base at my hub. They'd still expect you to turn around or go back out to take 10-30 stops off.
Here we're covered under the Central Supp Art 19.6 "Drivers shall not be disciplined for refusing to go back out on the street once they have returned to the building, after having completed their full day's work."

Whither

Scofflaw
Stop count: 142
Orion last delivery at 17:04

Stop count: 211
Orion last delivery 17:23

who comes up these time allowances I’m curious

🧔✊
Even better, as @zubenelgenubi has pointed out and I've noticed, the time allowance usually subtracts 10-30 minutes from Orion's expectations. What's that saying, a house divided against itself ...

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Even better, as @zubenelgenubi has pointed out and I've noticed, the time allowance usually subtracts 10-30 minutes from Orion's expectations. What's that saying, a house divided against itself ...
I always aim for two hours over everyday that’s my personal goal. Following the methods takes time whether they like it or not. You don’t want me to use driveways? Ok then , EVERYTHING GETS WALKED OFF.

EC OR FRONT DOOR ONLY ONCE THE SNOW FALLS
there is no more ,” tie it to the mailbox”
🧔✊

over9five

Staff member
You have to work as directed.
Buuuuuuuuuuut, I really like the idea of dropping anchor. After all, you're really tired from doing your own work. If they're smart, they'll stop asking you after a while.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hope someone comes along with an answer. This is going to be another business as usual for UPS. Are you on the 9.5 list? My neighborhood driver is and he said it doesnt make any difference.He just got another $2500 take home check from a grievance. Said he still wasnt happy about it since he wants to spend time with family.

Where's the union on this?

Banging fat girls and eating buffets

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
At this point, if they tell me to take stops, I will bring a majority of them back. Just like last night. Consider the 75% pkgs Missed if I go help. Not my area, I'm not using my phone for nav, it's dark, etc. They want to play games, I will follow the methods and collect OT until they realize it's an exercise in futility having me take stops and they call someone else.

How about this hotshot

Slow TF down

It’s not that difficult

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

If I remember the companies explanation;

It's all based on "average" walk speed, and the location of the delivery point. (theoretically.... of course)

Problem is.... a 3rd floor delivery (apt or business) gets the same allowance as a first floor.

(Now) no time allowance for using a dolly, a DR bag, attempting to deliver a sig required pkg to a neighbor, breaking

off for break or lunch, use the restroom.... etc.

When questioned about "over-allowed" ?

Ask for a full-day demonstration.... by your on-car supervisor.

-Bug-

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I never gave the company my phone number but was in feeder. At first I took all the OT I could get. After the 97 strike things got real slow and as a relief driver I was on call for a long time. 2-3 days of work a week sometimes.

So ya, I was hungry for years and took anything I could get.
After I got bid runs would still take all the OT I could get for years. After awhile our family was doing much better. The kids grew up and moved out and we were comfortable financially.

I would turn down work. Sometimes they would force and I would politely ask if they had gone thru the list .Sometimes that worked. Sometimes it was WAD or else. In that case I would do the job . Sometimes if I was really pissed off about it I would call out the next day.
They got the message and left me alone unless it was a business necessity ( which it almost always is anyways )

In my last 5-6 years I bid a 55 hour cush feeder run , just driving and exchanging trailers at a meet point in beautiful high desert country, so rarely had time to do anything else. Those were the best years of my career.
Did u ever get hit on by other feeder drivers while exchanging trailers ?

Overpaid Union Thug

If I remember the companies explanation;

It's all based on "average" walk speed, and the location of the delivery point. (theoretically.... of course)

Problem is.... a 3rd floor delivery (apt or business) gets the same allowance as a first floor.

(Now) no time allowance for using a dolly, a DR bag, attempting to deliver a sig required pkg to a neighbor, breaking

off for break or lunch, use the restroom.... etc.

When questioned about "over-allowed" ?

Ask for a full-day demonstration.... by your on-car supervisor.

-Bug-

Stop count: 142
Orion last delivery at 17:04

Stop count: 211
Orion last delivery 17:23

🧔✊
A few weeks ago I took the time to look at all the information on the computer most drivers look at in the morning. The one that also shows the maps. I had never bothered with it other than to get a stop count and glance at the map. It had been years though. I’ve heard many drivers talk about how they’d have their lunch completed and all stops completed before/by the time indicated on the computer but the OR would show them as an hour over. Well, that’s exactly how it played out for me. LMAO!

And I like how it expected me to just stop in some random spot for lunch. Sorry computer. I’m on a country route and will be driving to the nearest clean and sanitary restaurant of my choice that also has restrooms that meet the same standards. Not on the side of a winding country road or in front of someone’s house in a neighborhood.

Last edited: