Can I request my 3.5 without having acquired my seniority yet?

Hazard

Pretty much the building supervisor is "Trying something new" and is relieving everyone after two hours of work and having the supervisors and full time desk clerks continue to run the sort. I guess am I still protected under the union contract even though I have not attained seniority yet?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
no

Wait until you make book ; have joined the union and are paying dues . Then find your ( stewart , steward, or stuart ) union rep and see how to properly file a grievance .

542thruNthru

Pretty much the building supervisor is "Trying something new" and is relieving everyone after two hours of work and having the supervisors and full time desk clerks continue to run the sort. I guess am I still protected under the union contract even though I have not attained seniority yet?

Unless your supplement says something different yes you are guaranteed 3 and 1/2 hours a day.

Though I will say you may not want to push it until you gain seniority so that they don't cut you for some BS reason.

Also get a contract book ASAP and learn your rights.
20180209_124509.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Free money there. Grievance time!

Makes you wonder where the union is? This stuff doesn’t happen unless management has free reign.

Last edited:

john chesney

Until you’re in the union don’t open your mouth. Once you’ve in you will have plenty of opportunities to file grievances.

AlliSeeisBrown

Get seniority and file for your 3.5 and for supervisors working. Although the problem probably wont persist long enough because I'm sure people in the building that do have seniority are not handling this well.

teeitupmo

Also, if you are a hard worker and putting out effort, they won’t mess with you. If someone is lazy and dragging through their shift and holding up the sort...heck yeah, they will mess with your hours, whether thats right or wrong, it does not matter.

This is especially true for the Primary, where I work. No slackers allowed.

brown_trousers

Do you work at an airport facility? In which case you would be under art-40, and you have no 3.5 hr guarantee