Can I take days off if I don't have any vacation?

Brownie24

I haven't earned any vacation time since I've only been working for 7 months....
Would they approve taking 3 days off? I know it's without paid.
Do they usually allow that?

AlliSeeisBrown

I assume you work inside the hub. Just talk to your PT sup about who to talk to. I managed to get two days off not long after my 30 days a while back. Volume wasn't bad and staffing was fine and I'm not a problem child. Gave them a week notice and they let me have it. Some places seem a lot stricter though. Good luck.

Duckwithapipboy

Once they approve it, make sure to remind them a day or two in advance that you won't be there that day because of your R.O. We've had a few people bump heads with FT's and PT's in the past when they'd "forget" about it and receive a phone call demanding why they weren't showing up for work.

Also don't forget to check the SRO to make sure they accurately log that it was an R.O. and not a "no call."

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
it depends on how much advance notice you give them. if you give them advance notice make sure they write it down and remind them. ups has a habit of forgetting.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I haven't earned any vacation time since I've only been working for 7 months....
Would they approve taking 3 days off? I know it's without paid.
Do they usually allow that?
i had a friend driver who said an opt 3 day has to called in 72 hour notice bull:poop: 2 hour notice only, they are trying to shoot around the rules to get the regulars to come in