Can I wear sneakers as seasonal driver?

Box Ox

The 608s in black look fine. I'd probably avoid New Balance. Had an issue with their MID627 shoe splitting near the front of the sole in the past.

Black Nike Air Monarchs are a good bet if you need something comfortable and quick.

jaker

trolling
I wear them during the summer. I used to be able to get a full year out of them but have noticed that they don't last as long as they used to.

What part of the country are you in that you are considering wearing sneakers in the winter?
Does it matter , because you know there is places where you can wear sneakers all year around

He's I big boy that knows you can't wear sneakers in the snow

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I bought a pair of New Balance 623s a few weeks ago and I like them so far. The Nike Air Monarchs last about six weeks on me before the heels wear down enough to start making that squeaking noise. I wear some waterproof ankle boots if there is rain in the forecast.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had a helper who wore sneakers on a day we got a foot of snow. He survived (barely) --wear what ever you want. Flip flops are comfortable.

Tom Tom

I'm getting ready to be a seasonal UPS driver helper in Indianapolis. Anything wrong with these shoes?

Attachments

• IMG_1044.JPG
    IMG_1044.JPG
    637.3 KB · Views: 565

Tom Tom

Those will work perfectly @Tom Tom
I appreciate the feedback. I happen to think UPS drivers are pretty doggone professional people. I'm looking forward to helping drivers. I have to have a good pair of footwear, and I have to break them in. I have about two weeks to do that. I'm also increasing my exercising in preparation.

What has puzzled me is whether I would be able to wear comfortable work shoes or clunky ones that make the work so much harder. I noticed that some drivers wear a kind of athletic shoe. I won't, though.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Helpers here aren't getting uniforms, just a plastic vest that says "UPS seasonal helper".

We are slowly turning into DHL appearance standards.