Can I withdraw ROTH 401K somehow?

My wife and I are currently going through the process to buy our first house and was planning on using my 401K for the closing costs. Yesterday, I call Prudential Retirement and they tell me because it is a ROTH 401K I can't withdraw it, transfer it, take a loan from it, or even a hardship Unless I quit or am 59+ years old..

Is this right? No one at UPS told me that there would be this extremely stupid plan, nor did I know there would be this stipulation in this 401k or else I would've changed it a LONG time ago.

Is there anything at all I can do?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
My wife and I are currently going through the process to buy our first house and was planning on using my 401K for the closing costs. Yesterday, I call Prudential Retirement and they tell me because it is a ROTH 401K I can't withdraw it, transfer it, take a loan from it, or even a hardship Unless I quit or am 59+ years old..

Is this right? No one at UPS told me that there would be this extremely stupid plan, nor did I know there would be this stipulation in this 401k or else I would've changed it a LONG time ago.

Is there anything at all I can do?
regular 401k you can, one of the reasons you can withdraw is buying your first home

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
it is basically a loan to yourself. I took out money for my house and paid myself back in five years
giphy-downsized-large.gif